I've been doing some beta testing for 2.0 and I just did a test on the road with carcomps latest build. This has pretty much everything 2.0 will have, just not GPS. Still not sure if GPS will even be in 2.0 or a future release.
2.0 did great on the road. Here are some things I really liked.
- If you close ME out and then start your computer back up.. his play mp3s. it will load your playlist and then start at the same place you quit ME in the song. So it has a resumer type option in it
- THE OSK is great. I couldn't remember which beatles CD had a song I wanted to listen to. So i did a search and it poped right up.
- The building of a playlist is just great. I found it very easy to build and load a custom playlist.
- THere is an option to load a night theme and a day theme. So at 9pm when i was driving, i had it set to auto load a darker theme and it worked just great.
- any screen res is supported! I use a wide screen vga screen and i use a res like 905x486 and the default skin looked great. divxs looked great.
So in short this release will be great.
I didn't get to try dvd since I didn't have any codecs installed.
Glad to hear the good news...
So, how much longer do we have to wait?
Dont' keep us in the dark...
Does the day/night theme work as an icon or a function.. I am think Girder control here by a command - also does it load an alt skin or change the desktop colours instead ?
PS - Day Night on some kind of timer would be good.... Homeseer does that... ( x10 Software )
ccsnet, it just changes the skin. In the setup you can select which skin to load in the day time and night time. Also you can select what times you want the skins to change.
this review makes my heart beat at a faster rate!!! soon ill be on VALIUM therapy if M.E. 2.0 delays more.....
LMAO Susman!!! lol. All sounds great to me cant wait for the release.
Mmmmm. I need to create a night sin then. Other than the Raven skin have you got one your using ? It would be nice if this is a front screen function or activated in some way be a key etc so I can use it with Girder, may be even a hardware interface to detect when its dark....
I think it would be best if there was just hot spot somewhere on the screen to switch between skins.
For us touch screen users.
Or better still, how about time triggered? Between time A and time B use skin 1.