Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: How to make my own Icon set?

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate The Undertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    66

    Question How to make my own Icon set?

    How can I make my own iconset like this one:



    I want icons on my display for:
    - DVD
    - MP3 player
    - MP3 folder
    - CD
    - Radio
    - Movie player
    - Movie folder
    - GPS
    - Traffic info button
    - Wheater info button
    - Internet
    - Outlook
    - Screensaver
    - Blank screen

    Some already exist. Anybody an idea??
    System in progress:
    New install in progress...

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate CarComp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    516
    Get MediaEngine !!!
    Media Engine Download

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate The Undertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    66
    That tutorial is more for the complete skin. I'm looking for a tutorial for the icon itself.

    Does anybody has a tutorial on how to create these icons or the APS skin layers??
    System in progress:
    New install in progress...

  4. #4
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,681
    Originally posted by The Undertaker
    That tutorial is more for the complete skin. I'm looking for a tutorial for the icon itself.

    Does anybody has a tutorial on how to create these icons or the APS skin layers??
    I think its an artist thing. Do a search and you will find one of my previous posts stating where you can find loads of these.

    Wincustomise of some thing like that.

    Terran

  5. #5
    Raw Wave hijinks21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,803
    most of those are just normal desktop icons.. go do a search for desktop mod sites.. they have icon kits there you can use.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario
    Posts
    44
    Making your own icons is more fun. Plus you get the advantage of having them all look similar. http://members.rogers.com/electronbox/skintest.jpg Having said that, it is an artistic thing. Each icon has to be created from scratch, what you're asking for is basically step by step tutorials on creating each image you need? It not going to happen.
    -JB

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate The Undertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    66
    Originally posted by Kessler
    Making your own icons is more fun. Plus you get the advantage of having them all look similar. http://members.rogers.com/electronbox/skintest.jpg Having said that, it is an artistic thing. Each icon has to be created from scratch, what you're asking for is basically step by step tutorials on creating each image you need? It not going to happen.
    I'm just looking for the main basics like this one:
    http://razeweb.net/?rw=orb-1

    It's not exactly the same as the icons above.
    System in progress:
    New install in progress...

  8. #8
    Variable Bitrate Mitokondria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    392
    So basically what you are trying to do is place the "icon" within the bubble? Like what I did.
    - 3+ years & still no carputer!
    - Done collecting parts
    - Currently planning setup

  9. #9
    Low Bitrate The Undertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    66
    Originally posted by Mitokondria
    So basically what you are trying to do is place the "icon" within the bubble? Like what I did.
    You've got it.
    Searching the internet gives a lot of simular bubbles but not the one you used.
    Have you got the PSP/Photoshop layer/how to or whatever for me?
    System in progress:
    New install in progress...

  10. #10
    Variable Bitrate Mitokondria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    392
    Originally posted by The Undertaker
    Searching the internet gives a lot of simular bubbles but not the one you used.
    Thats what I did. I made mine different from the ones I've seen online. When you make the bubbles just add your icon pic in between the layers. Just put the highlights in front of the image and the rest of the layers behind it.

    The icons that you are requesting can either be found or have to be made. The DVD, players icons, GPS buttons, folders etc have to be made and then placed within your bubble image.
    - 3+ years & still no carputer!
    - Done collecting parts
    - Currently planning setup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •