Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Media Engine Audio Problem

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate _maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    128

    Question Media Engine Audio Problem

    I just downloaded the latest version of Media Engine. I've never used this program before and I'm having a problem with the audio. I have an EPIA 800MHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Windows 98 SE...
    When I run Winamp by itself, everything works fine. When I try to play MP3s through Media Engine, I get no audio at all. Am I missing some setting or is there something else going on?
    - Sony XAV-7W In-Dash 7" LCD
    - Via EPIA 800MHz
    - 256MB SDRAM
    - 40GB HDD
    - Targus Wireless Remote
    - Win 98SE
    See it Here
    or Here (cardomain.com)

  2. #2
    Low Bitrate Maxis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rolla, MO
    Posts
    90
    This sounds simple, but make sure that the volume is up in Media Engine. The first time I ran ME the system volume was set to zero.
    2000 Ford Focus ZTS

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate _maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    128
    I did check the volume in ME.
    I think I might have actually fixed the problem. I ran windows update and there was an updated driver for the onboard audio. I installed that and now it seems to work.

    Thanks for the help, though.
    - Sony XAV-7W In-Dash 7" LCD
    - Via EPIA 800MHz
    - 256MB SDRAM
    - 40GB HDD
    - Targus Wireless Remote
    - Win 98SE
    See it Here
    or Here (cardomain.com)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •