Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Media Engine 1.7.7.F using Creative Labs remote.

  1. #11
    Maximum Bitrate CarComp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    516
    Super easy fix .... Open your keys.ini file and delete all of the contents... DON"T delete the file though. M.E will just create a new one with the same problem. So anyway after you have made the contents of keys.ini blank save it, then open m.e and then reprogram all your buttons. That will fix it. If not try this...

    Check your settings for your comm port in the control panel. Make sure it is set to support 9600 baud for IRman and 2400 for CIMR. Those are the only settings that will work.


    Its a case of my pre-programmed buttons conflicting with ones you program yourself. ME 2.0 doesn't have this problem. Also, when you turn the remote on for the first time in m.e, hold down a button for a few seconds. That "sets" the output speed of the remote and programs m.e for the correct repeat rate.
    Get MediaEngine !!!
    Media Engine Download

  2. #12
    Raw Wave Defiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Temple Terrace, Fl.
    Posts
    2,647
    CarComp is the man!!!!
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

  3. #13
    Maximum Bitrate osirisdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    686
    Alien Eclipse, I have not tried your aplication, I havent been able to get the carpc out of the car.

    CarComp I will try your fix and keep you posted on my findings.

  4. #14
    Maximum Bitrate osirisdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    686
    Alrighty ladies and gentelmen. THe problem has been fixed.

    CarComp, I downloaded Media Engine this last weekend from your website, and I guess the EXE is NOT updated in the downloadable version of the program. I had version 1.7.7.F

    The problem was resolved thanks to Defiler, he sent me the updated .exe

    But everything is working just dandy now.

    CarComp:: if there is anyway you can double check what im saying.

    edit: I also tried the fixes posted above, and neither worked. In fact made things worst. When I deleted all the information in the the keys.ini it made my ME constatly restart.

    Dunno dont ask

    everything is working fine now and thats what matters.

  5. #15

  6. #16
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    384
    I found the .exe update CarComp posted. Remote is working fine now.

  7. #17
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    CarComp, please put the new exe in the download...
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  8. #18
    FLAC LESLIEx317537's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,597
    I posted this when the exe was first fixed. I posted in 3 threads.
    This is the top sticky thread. MediaEngine executable update.
    "Nice, the CMIR-100 now works perfect through my Belkin Serial to USB converter.

    Thanks."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •