Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: My changes to ME v1.7x

  1. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Norfolk,UK
    Posts
    45

    Question Playing .MOV's

    I think that you could probably do this if you embed an ie window, quicktime will play in an ie window (assuming you've allowed the browser integration), just use the <embed> tags and off you go.

    or convert the quicktimes to mpg's or DiVX, most of the time they'll be smaller and you probably won't notice any quality difference.

  2. #22
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20
    Uploaded latest EXE, which i HOPE has fixed the crashing when it loads to MP3 screen when "Resume playback" is enabled.

    I hope!

    Please test it and let me know if it all works or not!

    Garry

    Hi Garry

    I think you have changed something else also.
    If when I am playing a selected playlist if I hit the menu button
    and then the list button it does not bring up all the playlists but
    takes me back to the original playlist that was playing.

    Unless something has got corrupted at this end.

    Peter

  3. #23
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by peterj
    Hi Garry

    I think you have changed something else also.
    If when I am playing a selected playlist if I hit the menu button
    and then the list button it does not bring up all the playlists but
    takes me back to the original playlist that was playing.

    Unless something has got corrupted at this end.

    Peter
    Peter, yes, I have done that too. However, I think I shall again change it, so that it goes to the previous sub-directory, not the directory where all the mp3 files are.

    I just need it to make it go back a directory, hopefully shouldn't be too difficult.

    I shall also try to add it as an option in Settings to enable/disable this feature should you want it too


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  4. #24
    FLAC Mastero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused
    Peter, yes, I have done that too. However, I think I shall again change it, so that it goes to the previous sub-directory, not the directory where all the mp3 files are.

    I just need it to make it go back a directory, hopefully shouldn't be too difficult.

    I shall also try to add it as an option in Settings to enable/disable this feature should you want it too


    Garry

    please update the exe ... as i am almost done with the software part and the pl jumping is not nice.

    One more thiing when i use a software in the external application and exit the software the screen shows loading and stays there for ever check on three machines has to be the ME . Please look into this also if you can

    thanx

    Mastero

  5. #25
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    OK, more updates, check first post for details


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  6. #26
    Low Bitrate lazarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    106
    is there any way of exiting out of the viz without needing a keyboard? (i'm using touch screen)

    also when playing mp3s and running GPS, map point exits cleanly but leaves me at a blank screen. have to find the keyboard and alt-tab to get media engine back. as i often run other applications setting it as shell isn't an option.

    and finaly this is just an idea for an extra feature(might already be possible but my dumb arse hasn't figured it out yet). the ability to scan through a movie rather than having to start it from the beginging every time.

  7. #27
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus
    is there any way of exiting out of the viz without needing a keyboard? (i'm using touch screen)

    also when playing mp3s and running GPS, map point exits cleanly but leaves me at a blank screen. have to find the keyboard and alt-tab to get media engine back. as i often run other applications setting it as shell isn't an option.

    and finaly this is just an idea for an extra feature(might already be possible but my dumb arse hasn't figured it out yet). the ability to scan through a movie rather than having to start it from the beginging every time.

    The vis would have to be subclassed
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  8. #28
    FLAC Mastero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by frodobaggins
    The vis would have to be subclassed
    Please explain .. me having the same problem...

    Mastero

  9. #29
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    I've had no problems using MilkDrop as plugin and just touching the screen to exit the vis. Before it would drop back and leave the "Press to return visual mode" button on the screen, but in my testing, it didn't do that. Maybe it's just the standard Winamp visualisations?

    As for scanning through the movie, that would involve adding some way to control the embedded WindowsMediaPlayer control...will have to have a look.


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  10. #30
    Maximum Bitrate gork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    655
    Garry: it's easy to use a slider control to move through the movie. If the control is a regular WMP8+ activeX, here's how I do it:

    I set up a slider that returns a floating point value between 0 and 1 -- ie percent through the clip, then just do:

    Code:
    WMP.Controls.currentPosition = WMP.currentMedia.duration * SliderPosition
    Depending on the slider control you use, you can set it to only call the routine when the user releases the button or as the user drags the slider along which is a little more work for WMP, but still seems ok on the M10000

    BTW anyone know how to get around VB totally crashing out when you start subclassing stuff? I have tried to find an answer and can't.. I'm running VB6 straight from the CD's (ie not upgraded to SP5) .. guess I should at least try upgrading before I continue complaining about it..
    MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
    See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
    Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
    Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
    BMW I-Bus Integration
    My homepage with many other fun projects!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •