My changes to ME v1.7x **Updated 29/09/03**
I have been playing with the MediaEngine 1.7.7 source code, and have added a few features that I want for my needs.
They are as follows:
1. Ability to load *.ogg files, as well as include them in directory syncing
2. Option to display Time Remaining or Time Elapsed
3. Option to display Total Track Time
4. Ability to resume playback of music files from the point you were last at (providing you Exit to main menu, won't work if you pull the power)
5. Ability to choose whether to shut down, standby or hibernate the PC (when running 2k/XP)
6. When browsing in Playlists, will return to the last selected directory, rather than the beginning of the list
7. Update to #6, it will now go up a directory, rather than returning to the same directory
8. Application no longer hangs when returning from External Application
9. Visualisation button on MP3 screen now starts Vis
10. Ext App button on MP3 screen opens up External app and leaves music playing
Bugs I know about and that I've fixed :)
1. When selecting a new playlist it now starts playback from begining of song, not wherever the last saved position from last song was. Fixed
2. When moving forwards in directory listing and not moving up/down it would crash. Fixed
To set these options you should be able to simply the executable over the existing file (backing up just in case), and going to the Settings menu. From here, once you select the options, it will make the relevent sections in the settings.ini file. (You don't have to delete your existing settings file, which should make it an easy upgrade). You will find the Shutdown options in the Directories & Startup tab, and the rest in the Appearance tab.
I have tested this on my production machine, and all seems to work as it should. The existing problem of exiting to the main menu from the playlist screen still exists, so that's nothing to do with my coding! If there are any more problems, please let me know, and I shall try my best to fix them.
I hope this adds some more support and features to ME1.7x which will tide some of us over til the release of 2.0 :)
You can download the updated EXE file from http://www.my105e.com/carputer/MediaEngine.exe