My 1.7.x with Destinator2 support
As you may have seen in this thread , I have added some things to ME, and many of you have tried it.
I have been waiting patiently for ME 2.0 with GPS, however that won't be happening until 2.1 (at least).
Therefore, I have added more to my changed version of 1.7.7, and I have managed to add GPS support using the Destinator2 SDK.
This is an "in development" thing at the moment, however it seemed to work fine in my car at the weekend.
I would really appreciate it if you can test it out, and let me know any bugs/problems/suggestions that you can find/think of :)
Here's a couple of links to screenshots of it so far:
Main window (when opened from the MP3 screen):
And with the Windows XP Onscreen Keyboard:
I haven't tested the OSK with any other OS than XP, however Me should work, as it uses the same OSK. Those of you running 98 might be able to use the Windows Me OSK (place in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder, and you will probably have to register the DLL file too)
As you can see from the screenshot, it displays the currently playing song in ME, and you can control the volume, next/prev track, pause, shuffle etc.
It doesn't use the current ME skin at the moment, I need to sit through the code some more and figure out which bits load the button files etc :)
Any/all feedback will be welcomed :D
I hope this works OK for you, let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to fix any errors :)
Oh yeah, suppose I'd better add a link to the file ;):)
1) I have added an option to switch from or exit the GPS screen. This means you can either keep the voice guidance running in the background while you do something else (load up a new playlist etc) or close it completely.
2) I have also fixed a bug where if you fast-forward when playing MP3s, the track time won't get updated correctly...it now does :) Useful when you're searching through the GTA: Vice City music looking for "Kids In America" or "Beat It" it's useful if you know at what time throughout the song it is ;)
3) Use of Windows XP/Me OSK removed, as Destinator has it's own keyboard.
Not found a way to automatically turn it on, however here is the instructions to do it manually:
- Open the file C:\PowerLOC\Destinator\Common\Interface\Destinator .INF
- Find the line that says "::D xxx,yyy,zzz" and change zzz to at least 640
- Save the file
Now, when you go to enter a location, you will see the OSK pop up :)