Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: MediaEngine not detecting XMPCR anymore????

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate scott011422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Genoa, Il
    Posts
    96

    MediaEngine not detecting XMPCR anymore????

    Hey all. All the sudden my MediaEngine isn't detecting my PCR anymore. The XM software still picks it up and has good signal strength. But when I went into MediaEngine's Setting for the radio it said XMPCR disabled. So I unchecked the box and then rechecked it. And it doesn't find it. Whats up? Am I missing something?? Its been working great for almost a year now!
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate phat_bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by scott011422 View Post
    ...Its been working great for almost a year now!
    So the question is what did you change?

    Do you see anything interesting in debug.log?
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

    FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate scott011422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Genoa, Il
    Posts
    96
    I never thought to look. I'll have to take a look at that. Its stopped working when my antenna cam disconnected. Not knowing the antenna got disconnected, I unchecked the pcr from under "Radio" and then rechecked it. Media Engine hasn't found it since.
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

  4. #4
    Low Bitrate scott011422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Genoa, Il
    Posts
    96
    However, i did notice that MediaEngine is looking at com ports. Now, its been awhile, But does the XMPCR use a virtual usb seralizer? Like most gps sensors do? Because it dosn't list the PCR under my comports either. As it shouldn't being its a usb.
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate phat_bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Posts
    549
    I had this happen to me once. Try editing settings.ini in the xmpcr_tuner section and removing the value for "port" and setting "enabled" to false. Then delete xm_channels.dat from your mediaengine folder. If that doesn't work you can set the port value manually if you know which one it is.

    Out of curiosity, what version are you running? I only ask because I thought I'd fixed this in 2.3.5.
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

    FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

  6. #6
    Low Bitrate scott011422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Genoa, Il
    Posts
    96
    I'm running your most recent build. How do I find out the port number being used? the xmpcr software doesn't tell me much.
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate phat_bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Posts
    549
    compmgmt.msc > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT)

    Depending on how your receiver is connected and whether your mainboard has built-in ports, you may have several devices there, or possibly just one. Try them by number until you find the right one.
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

    FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate scott011422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Genoa, Il
    Posts
    96
    Yea, it doesn't show the xm. I have my com port, LPT port, gps and some goofy serial usb adaptor. I'm assuming that could be the xm, But Media Engine doesn't find the XM on that port.
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate phat_bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Posts
    549
    Make sure you don't have something else running in the background that might be using that port i.e. the xmpcr app.
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

    FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

  10. #10
    Low Bitrate scott011422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Genoa, Il
    Posts
    96
    I give up. I even tried uninstalling the xm and reinstalling it. Zippo. So I'm going to uninstall the xm and MediaEngine and start over.
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Still having XMPCR problems
    By rjoek in forum RR Bug Tracker
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 02:08 PM
  2. MediaEngine Development Progress Update
    By CarComp in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 01:53 PM
  3. Using an XM direct as an XMPCR
    By dacndar in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 02:21 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 11:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •