FREEWARE LICENSE TERMS FOR MEDIAENGINE 2.0 (for the purposes of this license document henceforth known as 'the Software')
1. mediaengine.org grants you a non-exclusive license to use the Downloaded Software subject to Your compliance with all of the terms and conditions of this Freeware License.
2. You may use the Software on as many computers as you desire, and are encouraged to distribute the software in it's original form as you see fit. If you distribute the software it must retain all copyright notices. You must also reference and acknowledge the website http://mediaengine.org
in all electronic and hard copy distributions of the software. You may not redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software for a financial gain other than to cover material costs of distribution.
3. You are only granted a license for the machine-readable, object code portion of the Software. You will not modify, enhance, reverse engineer or otherwise alter the Software from its current state.
4. You may not copy, publish, assign, sell, bargain, convey, transfer, pledge, lease or grant any further rights to use the Software without written permission from the authors.
5. You will not have any proprietary rights in and to the Software. You acknowledge and agree that mediaengine.org retains all copyrights and other proprietary rights in and to the Software.
6. Your license to use the Software shall be revocable by mediaengine.org upon written notice to you. This license shall automatically terminate upon your violation of the terms hereof or upon your use of the Software beyond the scope of the license provided herein.
7. Use within the scope of this license is free of charge and no royalty or licensing fees shall be payable by you. Use beyond the scope of this license license shall constitute copyright infringement.
8. This license shall be effective and bind you upon your downloading of the Software.
9. You accept the Software on an 'AS IS' and with all faults basis. No representations and warranties are made to you regarding any aspect of the Software.
10. MEDIAENGINE.ORG HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATIVE TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTIBILITY. MEDIAENGINE.ORG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURIES OR LIABILITIES CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES.
11. This License Agreement shall be construed, interpreted and governed by the laws of the County of Montgomery Indiana without regard to conflicts of law provisions thereof. The exclusive forum for any disputes arising out of or relating to this License Agreement shall be an appropriate national/federal or state court sitting in the County of Montgomery Indiana, United States. This License Agreement shall constitute the entire Agreement between the parties hereto. Any waiver or
modification of this License Agreement shall only be effective if it is in writing and signed by both parties hereto. If any part of this License Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of this License Agreement shall be interpreted so as to reasonably effect the intention of the parties.
12. mediaengine.org's failure to enforce any rights hereunder or its copyright in the Software shall not be construed as amending this agreement or waiving any of mediaengine.org's rights hereunder or under any provision of United States law.
Copyright mediaengine.org 2003