Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 367

Thread: Official Bug report

  1. #21
    MediaCar Developer/Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by nijel
    1.8.2 doesn't launch CALC and NOTEPAD. I'm running XP and I tried different ini files settings with no success.
    What error do you have ?

    The path to the Exe is correct ?
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

  2. #22
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by nijel
    1.8.2 doesn't launch CALC and NOTEPAD. I'm running XP and I tried different ini files settings with no success.
    Check the INI files.

    They default to try to open C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CALC.EXE, whereas Windows XP it is in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CALC.EXE


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  3. #23
    Variable Bitrate Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    261
    coyotes.

    version 1.82
    i cant complete the setup.. after the install as in the first time u run...

    the OK button does not become enabled, i set up all things and still nothin.

    as i result i click the close button and media player opens, and when i select MP3 it crashes givin me a runtime error 5. This is because i have not saved the paths from the setup, i guess.

    any help plz.
    It aint no family car.

    SEE MK2 At : -
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

  4. #24
    Constant Bitrate Big Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman
    coyotes.

    i cant complete the setup.. after the install as in the first time u run...

    the OK button does not become enabled, i set up all things and still nothin.

    as i result i click the close button and media player opens, and when i select MP3 it crashes givin me a runtime error 5. This is because i have not saved the paths from the setup, i guess.

    any help plz.

    I second that... same issue. I maunually edited the .ini files to get it running but I have yet to get the [OK] button enabled in setup.

  5. #25
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman
    coyotes.

    version 1.82
    i cant complete the setup.. after the install as in the first time u run...

    the OK button does not become enabled, i set up all things and still nothin.

    as i result i click the close button and media player opens, and when i select MP3 it crashes givin me a runtime error 5. This is because i have not saved the paths from the setup, i guess.

    any help plz.
    You have to make sure that you select a folder for MP3s and also a folder for Videos.

    Then, it should give you the OK button not greyed out


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  6. #26
    Variable Bitrate Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    261
    i know this but no luck.
    It aint no family car.

    SEE MK2 At : -
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

  7. #27
    MediaCar Developer/Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    520
    I will check what occurs with this path configuration.
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

  8. #28
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Freeman
    coyotes.

    version 1.82
    i cant complete the setup.. after the install as in the first time u run...

    the OK button does not become enabled, i set up all things and still nothin.

    as i result i click the close button and media player opens, and when i select MP3 it crashes givin me a runtime error 5. This is because i have not saved the paths from the setup, i guess.

    any help plz.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    You have to make sure that you select a folder for MP3s and also a folder for Videos.

    Then, it should give you the OK button not greyed out


    Garry
    I think it's the DVD software path - try changing the default one in there to whatever you need it to be.

  9. #29
    MediaCar Developer/Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by Laidback
    I think it's the DVD software path - try changing the default one in there to whatever you need it to be.
    Yes, also.

    I check four paths to enable the OK button :

    - Audio path
    - Video path
    - External DVD software path (If not used set this to an empty string)
    - External GPS software but only if the GPS mode is defined to "External"

    I will change for always enabling the OK button but giving an error message with what is wrong when you press it
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

  10. #30
    Variable Bitrate Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    261
    yeha thats a better idea coyote..

    BTW sometimes my printer prints stuff out from media engine... like the song name just random stuff really..

    any ideas, runing XP
    It aint no family car.

    SEE MK2 At : -
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •