Updated the 04/10/2004
Thanks to not respond in this thread, I will put here the Todo list and the implementations in progress.
Finished, will be for sure in the next version
- Launching external application directly from buttons on the main menu
- Maybe removing ID3Tag V2 support because this Tag format is a big source of problems, requests a lot of resource to be read and is heavy to implement with a good error support. (If somebody know a good OCX or DLL who work well and quickly to read ID3Tag V2 or other formats, please PM me, thanks)
- Mute function and volume slider capability in each player
- Function to define actual position as start routing point in the Mappoint GPS module
- PowerMate support
- Try to solve all the Sound control issues (USB soundcard, 6 channels, ...)
- Random feature in the video player
- Permanent pushpin in the mappoint module and address book function
- Destinator module improvement
- Phone module
- Adding routing assistance to GPS (Mappoint)
- Implementing a true DVD player inside Mediacar
Updated the 04/10/2004
YES!!!!!!!!!!! Epia M10K owners will finally be able to control sound levels to all channels! *bows to coyote*Originally Posted by coyote
First, I would like to say that I love MediaCar. I think it is the most advance carputer media engine around. With that siad, there are a few things I would like to suggest.
1) I have noticed that the one icon is always higlighted, even if it is not being clicked.
2) The music module is awsome, but the navigation could be a bit different. Could I suggest a more similar interface to iTunes when it comes to browsing albums, artists, etc. If you don't want such drastic changes, maybe just a browser that is a bit more like the iPod.
3) Integrate Deluo Routis. It works well, and has speech. (Does mappoint have speech?)
4) Integrated Dvd player. Maybe nvdvd, because the codecs are great.
5) Get the visualizations to work. (I click the button, but the visualizations never open.)
1, TrueOriginally Posted by nibix
3, Can't you just put the path to the executable under GPS setup?
4, Coyote was writing built-in DVD code - but he's disappeared!
5, Visualizations do work, Do a search - you have to change the string or something...
The ultimate CarPC - Wow!
a new buttons with the function to decrease volume (as kenwood) attenuatore
4. Frodo has written a DVD player app tyhat should slot in nicely, give that a try.
Well since u r in the process of upgrading to next version. how about having these features in the next version ( i guess this is imp as well )
how about a keyboard and a remote controlling function in this. In case some one on the back seat wants to change musicand helpful for shutting down the comp as well..maybe using IRMAN remote
DEFINITELY integrate routis...when launched as an external app, the buttons are just too small...plus I lovce the MEDIA Car interface that I see is available with mappaoint and the other gps software...only NOT routis =)Originally Posted by nibix
lol ull be waiting a long time.
CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you