Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 137

Thread: Destinator with Speed/Bearing, and Winamp control

  1. #41
    FLAC mauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused
    Mauri,

    I really appreciate your feedback, and I truely appreciate your effort in tranlating to English. I'm sure my attempts in your native language will be feeble to say the least!

    However, I am having trouble in understanding your problems If you could post some screenshots, it would help me grately.

    Please don't take this personally, it is in no way meant as an insult


    Garry
    Any problems Garry!

    Under you see what happens me on the carputer.

    The empty space appears under and the hand of the analogical quadrant also in movement it doesn't appear, so' as she is seen. For the whole rest works OK.

    PS: the hand of the quadrant of the degrees as you see and' a few long in vertical position.

    I apologize me for the non correct " translation ".

    Best regards

    Mauri
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #42
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    mauri,

    Thank you for the screenshot I now see what you are describing. Can you check the settings to make sure that the Additional Window Search String is set to *externaldest* That should make sure that it is placed in the right place in MediaCar.

    As for the "." you see in the middle of the analogue dial, I am pretty certain that it is due to the "hl" section in the .skin file. The lower that number, the "longer" the hand is. So 1 (which I think it is set at) will be just a . whereas 0.1 (which is the standard, and also recommended) will be nearl the entire length of the dial.

    It may appear that the sections are spaced incorrectly, however they line up exactly with the hand of the dial. This is due to the way that the code works out how to draw the hand. It will show the right speed, I have tested it to make sure. To create the skin I actually manually set the dial to 20, 40, 60, etc and took a screenshot, then drew the marks over the top, so that it is right

    Unfortunately that is what happens when you try to stretch something!

    mauri, as I said, do not be sorry about the translation. Your attempts at my language are very grateful. I could never consider trying to talk in a foreign language (i was forced to take French or German at school, but I can not remember anything of German, which I took), so you are doing a much better job than I can

    Kind regards,

    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  3. #43
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    moahdib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    1,017
    Hey Confused, I'm confused.... what do I need to run this skin/mod?

    Destinator 2 or 3? and what's the SDK for? and does it have to be the pocket PC or the laptop version of destinator?
    04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

    Fast car, fast PC. ;)

    http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

    My TL CarPC ver2

    FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

  4. #44
    Variable Bitrate rgardjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused
    So was I waiting for that... But as coyote didn't put it in 1.9, then I decided to work on it myself

    You can chose not to show the compass/analog speedo, just edit the .skin file and your jpg files


    Garry
    Any way to make a button transparent? It doesn't look like MediaCar likes .png files. What I'd like to do is to have the previous/next track buttons transparent. One on the top left side of the destinator window and the other on the top right side of the window. Basically, I'd beable to touch these areas of the screen to advance to the next/previous song and the button wouldn't have to cover up any of the destinator map. It looks like I could accomplish similar results without needing the transparent buttons by placing the buttons on the bottom of the screen where the Destinator menu/buttons are, but I liked the invisible/transparent idea a little better(seemed less Photoshop intensive). When I save a transparent image as a JPEG I end up with a white button in Destinator. Any one have a way to make a transparent JPEG? Thanks-
    Rick

  5. #45
    Low Bitrate cotwild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused
    ...Your attempts at my language are very grateful. I could never consider trying to talk in a foreign language (i was forced to take French or German at school, but I can not remember anything of German, which I took), so you are doing a much better job than I can

    Garry
    Hallo Garry,
    Wie geht es dir?

    just joking.. i got another problem, but i think it's in destinator.. i'm running sdk2 and maps of pocketpc-version3. navigation works only if i use marking points!! i can insert an address, but there are no housenumbers in card and if i don't insert a house number, destinator will calculate route from actual position to itself. (0.0km) i'd like it if i can insert an address and not only to set a point by hand.. any ideas? bad maps? (map is really detailed, i really like it) does anybody have the same problems?

    greez
    dave
    STATUS: planing / building
    Car: 85' Audi Urquattro
    System: VIA EPIA M10000?, GPS, WLAN, DLink Radio
    Display: 7" Lilliput Touchscreen
    Power: 300W DC/AC Inverter, OPUS?
    Sound: 7.1 Dolby Digital with Audigy2 NX

  6. #46
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by cotwild
    Hallo Garry,
    Wie geht es dir?

    just joking.. i got another problem, but i think it's in destinator.. i'm running sdk2 and maps of pocketpc-version3. navigation works only if i use marking points!! i can insert an address, but there are no housenumbers in card and if i don't insert a house number, destinator will calculate route from actual position to itself. (0.0km) i'd like it if i can insert an address and not only to set a point by hand.. any ideas? bad maps? (map is really detailed, i really like it) does anybody have the same problems?

    greez
    dave
    Don't you start

    That is a problem with the differences between the two map types in D2 and D3. You'll have to drop back to using the D2 maps.

    Quote Originally Posted by maahdib
    Hey Confused, I'm confused.... what do I need to run this skin/mod?

    Destinator 2 or 3? and what's the SDK for? and does it have to be the pocket PC or the laptop version of destinator?
    Destinator 3 for PC isn't out yet, so you will need Destinator 2. The SDK is the tools needed for developing your own software.


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  7. #47
    FLAC mauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused
    Mauri,

    I really appreciate your feedback, and I truely appreciate your effort in tranlating to English. I'm sure my attempts in your native language will be feeble to say the least!

    However, I am having trouble in understanding your problems If you could post some screenshots, it would help me grately.

    Please don't take this personally, it is in no way meant as an insult


    Garry
    Hi Garry,
    I have resolved the problem of the indicator of speed.' Now and' OK.
    Remains however' the other problem, what the buttons don't be seen (x) and (->) above (you see yesterday's screenshot).
    The strig * externaldest * and' ok in the file setting.ini, and Externaldest.exe its in the same folder of the directory dont have Mediacard, but doesn't work well.
    Do you have some idea?
    Thanks
    Mauri

  8. #48
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    Mauri,

    My only thoughts are that it is the search string. You posted just now * externaldest *, make sure there are no spaces


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  9. #49
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101

    Lightbulb

    About Destinator 3 for PC...

    I have talked to my local dealer here in Germany and they claim that they Destinator(Europe) III for notebooks at the price of 219!

    The website-url: www.dantotec.de

    /L-O

  10. #50
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,680

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by loscooby
    About Destinator 3 for PC...

    I have talked to my local dealer here in Germany and they claim that they Destinator(Europe) III for notebooks at the price of 219!

    The website-url: www.dantotec.de

    /L-O
    OK - I can't tell you where this came from but I have been told that D3 for the PC 'should' be ready for CE BIT 2004 - when ever that is. Yes some people have it for sale but its not complete yet.

    Any one who was waiting for D2 will recognise this senario from last time

    Terran

Similar Threads

  1. Software Tip: If you want to control Winamp using buttons
    By ErikEngberg in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 06:44 PM
  2. Voice control for Winamp
    By VoodooVoice in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 05:19 PM
  3. control winamp, using PALM via IRDA- software
    By kovse in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 11:33 PM
  4. New Winamp control plug-in
    By Dimitris1976 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2002, 12:09 PM
  5. IR control with winamp
    By spudster in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2000, 06:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •