Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: how to get milkdrop visualizations to work?

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    163

    how to get milkdrop visualizations to work?

    Ever since i reinstalled mediacar 1.9, i cant get visualizations to work and i have no clue whats wrong, can someone put together a post saying exactly what to do to get visualizations to work since they dont work when unzipped? ive read as much as i can in the problems thread and cant find anything. thanks whenever i Do get the visualizations to work, theyshow up in the backbround. Im trying to get milkdrop to work btw

  2. #2
    MediaCar Developer/Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM97RS
    Ever since i reinstalled mediacar 1.9, i cant get visualizations to work and i have no clue whats wrong, can someone put together a post saying exactly what to do to get visualizations to work since they dont work when unzipped? ive read as much as i can in the problems thread and cant find anything. thanks whenever i Do get the visualizations to work, theyshow up in the backbround. Im trying to get milkdrop to work btw
    replace the windows search string "*AVS display*" in the setup by "*AVS*"

    Coyote
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote
    replace the windows search string "*AVS display*" in the setup by "*AVS*"

    Coyote
    Thankyou!

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7
    hi !

    @DSM97RS

    I tried milkdrop vis. , too but it won't work.
    Do I need only to install it in the Media Car folder and change the search string or what have I to do to get this work with the MediCar v1.91b ?



    greets Daniel



    P.S. Sorry for the bad english :-)

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_Man
    hi !

    @DSM97RS

    I tried milkdrop vis. , too but it won't work.
    Do I need only to install it in the Media Car folder and change the search string or what have I to do to get this work with the MediCar v1.91b ?



    greets Daniel



    P.S. Sorry for the bad english :-)
    i just opened up winamp and change the visualization to milkdrop and do that coyote said and in the settings file, changs avs string to avs, it works fine for me now

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7
    ok now it works!

    but i got another problem with it:

    I am testing it first on my normal pc before i do that in my car.
    Here on my pc milkdrop gets into the background when i am starting it (new version of milkdrop v1.04) and i can get it on top because its bigger than MediaCar so i can click on it. but how can i get it on top in my car on the 7" teouchscreen ?

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_Man
    ok now it works!

    but i got another problem with it:

    I am testing it first on my normal pc before i do that in my car.
    Here on my pc milkdrop gets into the background when i am starting it (new version of milkdrop v1.04) and i can get it on top because its bigger than MediaCar so i can click on it. but how can i get it on top in my car on the 7" teouchscreen ?
    I think im having the same problem, but mine is smaller than it so i cant get it on top. It seems like the first time or so i click on vis it works, but after that it either doesnt work at all or it is going behind mediacar.

  8. #8
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Did you do this?

    Quote Originally Posted by coyote
    replace the windows search string "*AVS display*" in the setup by "*AVS*"

    Coyote

  9. #9
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    68
    yea it did not work at all at first, and changine it to AVS made it work but it still doesnt work after i close the visualization and try to open it again

  10. #10
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3mike05
    yea it did not work at all at first, and changine it to AVS made it work but it still doesnt work after i close the visualization and try to open it again
    Hmmm, that's funny, last time I tried it, it worked fine! Now I just tried it and I'm having the same problem as you!!! I don't remember if I upgraded inbetween!

    Coyoteeeeeeeeeeee! What happened?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can't figure out why visualizations dont work for me
    By Bama5150 in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 07:10 PM
  2. Winamp 5.02, Milkdrop and ME 2.1 Visualization Solution
    By chance_11 in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 09:50 PM
  3. Touchscreen wont work after hibernating...
    By rbarr110 in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:44 PM
  4. can't get visualizations to work!
    By bryce_thomason in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 09:06 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2002, 08:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •