Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: XM PCR External App

  1. #21
    Maximum Bitrate wysocki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    467
    I've tried everything in this thread and still can't get an XM app to run. With the lmf.exe routine, XMMR.exe does display the startup logo but then MC goes back to the menu and the XMMR app just hangs with a grey box.

    I tried this with TouchXM which does come up but TouchXM is really UGLY and is too large vertically for my Xenarc display. Also there's a bug in it where when I click the channel list and then click it again to collapse, the collapse goes too far and chops off the right third of the app. Also, if I leave APPS to the main MENU then come back to APPS, TouchXM is underneath MC.

    XtreMe PCR does come up ok, but I do have to close it manually before I do anything in MC. It's also tough to use because you have to double-touch a line to switch channels and all of the rest of the controls are definately not touch oriented.

    The SOLUTION for this is to simply get an XM button on the main menu (if you have XM you probably don't have FM tuner), so I'd like to see this as an installation option to replace "Radio" on the menu. I know Coyote is backed up with work and personal issues, but if I was a coder, this would seem like an easy thing given all the other XM software out there. Any volunteers?

  2. #22
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by wysocki
    I've tried everything in this thread and still can't get an XM app to run. With the lmf.exe routine, XMMR.exe does display the startup logo but then MC goes back to the menu and the XMMR app just hangs with a grey box.

    I tried this with TouchXM which does come up but TouchXM is really UGLY and is too large vertically for my Xenarc display. Also there's a bug in it where when I click the channel list and then click it again to collapse, the collapse goes too far and chops off the right third of the app. Also, if I leave APPS to the main MENU then come back to APPS, TouchXM is underneath MC.

    XtreMe PCR does come up ok, but I do have to close it manually before I do anything in MC. It's also tough to use because you have to double-touch a line to switch channels and all of the rest of the controls are definately not touch oriented.

    The SOLUTION for this is to simply get an XM button on the main menu (if you have XM you probably don't have FM tuner), so I'd like to see this as an installation option to replace "Radio" on the menu. I know Coyote is backed up with work and personal issues, but if I was a coder, this would seem like an easy thing given all the other XM software out there. Any volunteers?


    You didn't follow the instructions properly if it didn't work.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  3. #23
    Maximum Bitrate wysocki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    467
    Depends on how you define the words "didn't work"<g>.

    As I said, I was able to get the other two apps "running", I just don't like their interafaces. When I changed the command line in lmf.ini to xmmr.exe, it gave me the logo screen (which told me I was pointing to the right executable) but didn't go any further. So I guess I was running lmf properly, but besides the fact that I like xmmr best visually amonst the three apps, I'd just like more of an integrated solution in MC. I've been evaluating an early release of Cruise Control by Cinemar and it integrates XM directly but it looks like the product is at a temorary standstill and I anxious to get my carpc going.

  4. #24
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by wysocki
    Depends on how you define the words "didn't work"<g>.

    As I said, I was able to get the other two apps "running", I just don't like their interafaces. When I changed the command line in lmf.ini to xmmr.exe, it gave me the logo screen (which told me I was pointing to the right executable) but didn't go any further. So I guess I was running lmf properly, but besides the fact that I like xmmr best visually amonst the three apps, I'd just like more of an integrated solution in MC. I've been evaluating an early release of Cruise Control by Cinemar and it integrates XM directly but it looks like the product is at a temorary standstill and I anxious to get my carpc going.
    you mean xmmt ?
    Did you put in the command line options. xmmt will lock up at the
    splash screen if the options are not set.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  5. #25
    Maximum Bitrate wysocki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    467
    dont bother with this " 127.0.0.1 /q /s /r2d2 and the star before it
    Sorry, you're right again (as usual) Frodo...
    I've been playing with this thing along with a few well made Margarita's tonight and, well, nuff said!

    In my defense, I went with the quote from bimmercore above and didn't have any parms. My bad! Now it works. Except I have to VERY carefully hit the "X" to close the app before I exit MC. Guess I'll have to live with running XM as an "app" until we get the real thing. Thanx again.

  6. #26
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by wysocki
    Sorry, you're right again (as usual) Frodo...
    I've been playing with this thing along with a few well made Margarita's tonight and, well, nuff said!

    In my defense, I went with the quote from bimmercore above and didn't have any parms. My bad! Now it works. Except I have to VERY carefully hit the "X" to close the app before I exit MC. Guess I'll have to live with running XM as an "app" until we get the real thing. Thanx again.
    After I release V 1.09 of my player I will start work on seperating the XM component to make it available standalone for Media Car Users.

    Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  7. #27
    Maximum Bitrate skippy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, MA, USA
    Posts
    507
    Hey Froddo, not sure if this has been suggested during the last few months of my absense, but have you thought of supplying your XM code to Coyote so he can add it to MediaCar?
    06 Volvo XC90
    Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
    Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

  8. #28
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy76
    Hey Froddo, not sure if this has been suggested during the last few months of my absense, but have you thought of supplying your XM code to Coyote so he can add it to MediaCar?
    Coyote is AWOL.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  9. #29
    Newbie jcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Palmetto, FL
    Posts
    40
    Question for you XM users...

    I also want to get XMPCR for my carputer. Are you guys using the normal XMPCR antenna or one of the small aftermarket XM Mouse Antennas? I want a small one but don't want to have to run a module or processor like the add-on units in aftermarket car stereo applications. Does that make sense?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    John Craig '98 Cadillac Catera
    http://www.digitizelife.com
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

    8" Lilliput TS VIA MII10000 C3 512MB DDR 2100
    160GB 7200RPM WD Panasonic 24X24X24X8 CDRW-DVD
    XM Direct Netgear WG511T 802.11g

  10. #30
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    33
    I'm running the stock XMPCR home antenna sitting on my rear deck in the back window of the car (the "package shelf") and I would say it works about 95% as good as my delphi antenna I was using with my pioneer xm setup.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. XM PCR in ME
    By SteveC in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:16 AM
  2. External App launching
    By TechToy in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 03:02 AM
  3. XM PCR without TOSLINK
    By dug1967 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 07:10 PM
  4. XM Radio PCR
    By [email protected] in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 11:01 AM
  5. Problems with VB program as external app
    By zolakk in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 10:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •