MobileWeb v1.0.29 for MediaCar Released
Following on from this thread:
I have released 'Mobileweb', an app for downloading pre-defined web pages (such as traffic web pages) in MediaCar as an external app.
The application supports connecting/disconnecting from the internet and shows connection status and transfer indicators.
At present there are 5 definable URLs that can be set via the INI file (UPDATED)
The graphics are customisable and by default is supplied with a brushed metal skin (edited by myself based on original) and an alpine skin (by moremods) which are selectable in the INI (UPDATED)
The browser automatically re-sizes to fit whatever resolution you use mediacar in, and supports full screen operation as well.
Below are a couple of grabs with either skin.
For the internet connection/disconnection to work you need a cellular data phone connected and set up, pre-set up with username/password, set as the default connection in IE and to connect automatically. This software auto-dials and disconnects properly alerting you to the status.
Included in the src ZIP in addition to the App and other required files is the source code (VB6) and a sample folder for the Launch folder in MediaCar.
The software is BSD license. Do not use while driving. If you have an accident don't blame me. The brushedskin graphics are slightly edited work of febsperanza so all copyright is his, as with the alpine skin which copyright belongs to moremods. Based on an idea in above thread link by ccsnet.
DOWNLOAD with Source
EDIT 4th July 2004 - V1.0.17
* New 'General' INI section...
* AutoDial and AutoDialURL settings to set whether or not to automatically dial on launch, and which one of the URLS to automatically open when connected
* Option to choose whether or not to D/C automatically on exit, just in case you want the net left open for something else
* Ability to customise what is written in the top left as the 'application name'
EDIT 12th July 2004 = V1.0.18
* Fixed typo in showing blank page after disconnect
* Fixed condition where connection is broken (such as after standby) but 'dicsonnect' button remains.
EDIT 27th August 2004 = V1.0.21
* Changed images folder to skin\skinname folder, skinname set in mobileweb.ini and included alpine skin as well as brushedmetal
* Changed program options for windowing, appears to embed better
* Added NoEmbed option for those that cannot embed still. This will move th window to the right place, remove title bars, correct width/height. There is also an EXIT button.
* Changed the way the background is drawn. Now scales to size of screen dynamically.
EDIT 01st September 2004 = V1.0.27
* Changed (again) the way it embeds. You will need to update your LAUNCH mobileweb.ini as new search is *mweb*
* Added full-screen option. Note that the 'return from full screen' is 'always on top' so you should return to normal mode before switching to another part of mediacar
* Add extra URLs. At present upto 5 are allowed. I am working on a longer list but need to re-work the app slightly as it involves a scroller.
EDIT 22nd October 2004 = V1.0.29
* Fixed URL3/URL5 problem where neither would show correctly under certain conditions
* Fixes embedded problem where bottom of browser and bottom buttons are not low enough, even though. NOTE: When testing as non embedded, it appears too large. If you're not going to be embedding in mediacar set the relevant INI settings for NoEmbed to NO