Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Help on using mediacar MP3 interface

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    574

    Help on using mediacar MP3 interface

    Just as the title says...

    I don't see an FAQ for how to use mediacar anywhere. Installation is fine, using the GUI is my problem. Click on MP3 - but how do you use the "list" button? And once in the "list" menu, what are the "select" and "select+" buttons for? I can't seem to figure it out!!!

  2. #2
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    93
    You make playlists from it.

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    574
    what is the difference between "select" and "select +"
    They seem to do the same thing when I use them...

    ...and what is the empty box below the album art box for?

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate fly_dutchie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot
    what is the difference between "select" and "select +"
    They seem to do the same thing when I use them...

    select=select directory and play all mp3's in it.
    select+= select directory and all directories in it and play all mp3's in those directories. (recursive selection).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot
    ...and what is the empty box below the album art box for?
    Not sure what empty box, but if you mean that the area for album art is not square, I think that is so you can display art that is in 'portrait' format, like found on DVD covers and some special edition music CD's.


    Michael
    "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

    M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
    RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate NoPistonPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    360
    I'm embarassed about asking this question but I've spent way too long trying to figure this out:

    How do I remove a song from the playlist?
    1994 RX-7, EPIA P4-ITX w/ Celeron 2.4 Ghz, Arise PSU, Xenarc 700TSV (new model)

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    574
    Fly Dutchie: Thanks!

    One more question though: Can I add a single song to my playlist, then add another single song from a different directory, and so on? It seems that I can only add an entire directory to the playlist at once (by selecting "select"), and that any subsequent selections clear out the playlist and replace it with the new selection. I'd like to be able to select a song here and a song there and add them to the playlist...

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate more mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by NoPistonPC
    I'm embarassed about asking this question but I've spent way too long trying to figure this out:

    How do I remove a song from the playlist?
    You can't, if you select one song from a folder it sends you to the player, then if you hit the page up or page down button it will move to the next song in that folder. MediaCar is browser based and you can't make playlist (like 1 song from this folder and 1 from that folder), so you can't remove one song from the playlist (if its in the folder its in the list). This to me is the best way, because I don't think that people should be trying to compose playlist while driving around anyway. You can make a .m3u play list and load it though.

  8. #8
    Maximum Bitrate more mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot
    ...and what is the empty box below the album art box for?
    If you put a text file in the folder where the mp3's are, the text will be displayed below the album art. Also it does scroll the text so you can also display a lot of info. I go to buy.com and search for my albums, then copy the album info to a .txt file and place that in my album folder.

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate NoPistonPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by more mods
    You can't, if you select one song from a folder it sends you to the player, then if you hit the page up or page down button it will move to the next song in that folder. MediaCar is browser based and you can't make playlist (like 1 song from this folder and 1 from that folder), so you can't remove one song from the playlist (if its in the folder its in the list). This to me is the best way, because I don't think that people should be trying to compose playlist while driving around anyway. You can make a .m3u play list and load it though.
    That makes sense. Thanks.
    1994 RX-7, EPIA P4-ITX w/ Celeron 2.4 Ghz, Arise PSU, Xenarc 700TSV (new model)

Similar Threads

  1. mp3 names in Mediacar to include track nr?
    By fly_dutchie in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 01:53 AM
  2. Need help on Mediacar playing mp3
    By cwho122 in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 04:21 AM
  3. Mp3 interface for HDD?
    By PaulVS in forum Newbie
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 02:08 PM
  4. Replies: 162
    Last Post: 11-18-2002, 01:15 AM
  5. Do you guyz know this cool machine?
    By Ginger in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2000, 12:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •