Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92

Thread: Mobile Impact New Version 4.0a Beta Released

  1. #1
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142

    Mobile Impact New Version 4.0a Beta Released

    Well guys the long awaited new version is now released. A few of you have been having some minor issues, so I though I would post a new thread and explain a few things. You must Uninstall the previous version. Also delete the C:\Program Files\Mobile Impact folder entirely before installing the new version. Post all issues or questions you may have here. Thanks.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7

    maybe a bug? maybe im stupid!

    hi,
    just upgraded to the new version on 2 different systems and have this problem on both. (one install was clean, the other was installed after removing 3.14b)
    I have a media dvd in the drive (with mp3's, music vids etc) when i click media from the main menu it automatically starts playing the first track on the dvd even though the media folder is pointing to my media folder on the C drive, so i actually get 2 tracks playing at the same time. the one that should be playing(the one in that is currently selected and playing along the slider bar) and the first track that was on the dvd. also the track that is playing from the dvd drive has no audio control, if i turn down the volume in the media window it only turns down the volume of the track that it should only be playing!
    obvious easy solution is take dvd out of drive, then no problem! but i often use a dvd for transfering media to the carpc, usually listen to it a few times before bothering to copy it over to hard drive.
    If i exit the program and go back in, it resumes the correct track that was playing in the media window, but as soon as i click media from the menu again, dvd track starts to play.
    I have tried changing the dvd drive setting in the settings exe to the C drive, but had no effect.
    Any ideas???

    Thanks.

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate myzhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    96
    1) Program seems to freeze for few seconds at first. Since I use mostly the media player, that's where I notice it the most. For example, I'll start media player, the program seems to freeze, none of buttons do anything, and after few seconds, the program catches up and responds to the previous commands. Afterward, it works like it should.

    2) Media player is not going full screen. In previous version, it goes from screen w/ play buttons to full screen w/o buttons after few seconds. Now, it just stays at screen w/ play buttons. Tried uninstalling and deleting MI folder a few times.

    3) When first startup GPS / Iguidance 3 module, gives me error box that quickly goes away. Think it says gps device not found or something along that line. If I go into Iguidance Menu > Settings > GPS info, it shows nothing, but as soon as I exit the window, GPS device is found and it's locked on satellites. Afterward, repeated access to GPS module has no issue. This maybe just an issue with Iguidance program itself.

    Good note: Program shutdowns correctly, and thus, allowing Windows / computer to shutdown. In version 3, sometimes MI wouldn't shutdown and cause my M2-ATX to have to cut power to whole computer at 1 min mark.
    CAR:06 350Z | LCD:Xenarc 700TSV | PS:M2-ATX | CPU:2.0GHz Turion 64 | MB:GA-K8N51GMF | RAM:1GB PC3500 DDR | HDD:WD 250GB SATA | USB1:Zoom 140M WiFi | USB2:iOne Scorpius Keyboard | USB3:Logitech Wingman | SERIAL:GPS BR-355

  4. #4
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by taz1919 View Post
    hi,
    just upgraded to the new version on 2 different systems and have this problem on both. (one install was clean, the other was installed after removing 3.14b)
    I have a media dvd in the drive (with mp3's, music vids etc) when i click media from the main menu it automatically starts playing the first track on the dvd even though the media folder is pointing to my media folder on the C drive, so i actually get 2 tracks playing at the same time. the one that should be playing(the one in that is currently selected and playing along the slider bar) and the first track that was on the dvd. also the track that is playing from the dvd drive has no audio control, if i turn down the volume in the media window it only turns down the volume of the track that it should only be playing!
    obvious easy solution is take dvd out of drive, then no problem! but i often use a dvd for transfering media to the carpc, usually listen to it a few times before bothering to copy it over to hard drive.
    If i exit the program and go back in, it resumes the correct track that was playing in the media window, but as soon as i click media from the menu again, dvd track starts to play.
    I have tried changing the dvd drive setting in the settings exe to the C drive, but had no effect.
    Any ideas???

    Thanks.
    The program initializes the media player controls, and the DVD module is part of it now. Yes, the only way to eliminate this is to remove the disc. Or go into the dvd module and play it from there. Sorry, because of the new split screen features, this was impossible to avoid. I will look at the code and try to fix it.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  5. #5
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by myzhi View Post
    1) Program seems to freeze for few seconds at first. Since I use mostly the media player, that's where I notice it the most. For example, I'll start media player, the program seems to freeze, none of buttons do anything, and after few seconds, the program catches up and responds to the previous commands. Afterward, it works like it should.

    2) Media player is not going full screen. In previous version, it goes from screen w/ play buttons to full screen w/o buttons after few seconds. Now, it just stays at screen w/ play buttons. Tried uninstalling and deleting MI folder a few times.

    3) When first startup GPS / Iguidance 3 module, gives me error box that quickly goes away. Think it says gps device not found or something along that line. If I go into Iguidance Menu > Settings > GPS info, it shows nothing, but as soon as I exit the window, GPS device is found and it's locked on satellites. Afterward, repeated access to GPS module has no issue. This maybe just an issue with Iguidance program itself.

    Good note: Program shutdowns correctly, and thus, allowing Windows / computer to shutdown. In version 3, sometimes MI wouldn't shutdown and cause my M2-ATX to have to cut power to whole computer at 1 min mark.
    1) This is because it is loading a 2nd screen off the visible screen for a dual screen setup, so this will lag it just slightly up initialization. Its to be expected. A more powerful video will also drastically improve performance as it is loading a 2nd set of graphics and main menu.

    2) Ive heard this problem twice now so I took a really close look at the program and sure enough found a small bug. I altered the size of the visualization slightly and overlooked changing the full screen code, it was a matter of changing a single number, so this is fixed, look for the the new version shortly.

    3) The error is from iGuidance not finding your gps receiver in a timely manner. Im not sure what is causing this. This new version is using the -NoWarning switch to keep from opening that first little splash that you have to click Ok on.

    Im glad the power system is working properly with you. There was a bug in the program for the longest time that gave errors on exit, but Ive definitely resolved that one. Thanks for the continued support. See if you can figure the full screen issue out. Thanks.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  6. #6
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142

    Issues Update

    I have looked into 2 problems that seem to be prevalent in this latest release.
    Issue 1) Visualization/Video not going to full screen once in mini bar mode. -> This is now resolved. It was just a matter of changing a number in the code.

    Issue 2) When opening the media player module, if there is an Audio/DVD/ or disc with Digital or Analog Audio or Video in the cd drive, then it will play both the cd drive contents and the item playing in the media player window. I had some resident code that checked to see if the DVD module was open and if it found it open, then it would unload it. This code has been removed as the program was opening the dvd module to check for it and was failing to close it. -> I resolved this by simply removing this code.

    I will be looking for additional problems as we go along and then release the bug fixes in a week or 2. Thanks for letting me know and keep the bug reports coming. Thanks.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate myzhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeath30 View Post
    I have looked into 2 problems that seem to be prevalent in this latest release.
    Issue 1) Visualization/Video not going to full screen once in mini bar mode. -> This is now resolved. It was just a matter of changing a number in the code.
    Excellent. It was driving me crazy. Should have look at this thread again before spending a few hours trying to fix this problem.
    CAR:06 350Z | LCD:Xenarc 700TSV | PS:M2-ATX | CPU:2.0GHz Turion 64 | MB:GA-K8N51GMF | RAM:1GB PC3500 DDR | HDD:WD 250GB SATA | USB1:Zoom 140M WiFi | USB2:iOne Scorpius Keyboard | USB3:Logitech Wingman | SERIAL:GPS BR-355

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeath30 View Post
    I will be looking for additional problems as we go along and then release the bug fixes in a week or 2. Thanks for letting me know and keep the bug reports coming. Thanks.
    don't thank us, you're the one doing the actual work, i definitely enjoy pointing out specific issues that i have as i know it'll go towards improvement.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14
    BUt don't have the video button?

  10. #10
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,215


    I miss the video button; it is too cumbersome (unless this was done on purpose) to navigate back to my videos folder from the audio player. I'm trying to learn how to make a playlist of all the videos in hopes that it can be loaded directly from the audio player.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [frontend] Mmc Rc2 New Release 05.23.2007
    By Bitoholic in forum Mobile Media Center
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 12:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •