Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 343

Thread: New Features Progress Update

  1. #161
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeath30
    Looks like you dont have the correct file. Here is the correct file:
    Download it, unzip it and then copy it to your C:\Windows\System32 directory.

    Download comctl32.ocx here
    i get the same run-time error (339) but my say Component 'wmp.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly regidtered : afile i missing or invalid.

    Help!!

  2. #162
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackey
    i get the same run-time error (339) but my say Component 'wmp.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly regidtered : afile i missing or invalid.

    Help!!
    That error message means that you dont have Windows Media Player 9 or above installed. Just download it from Microsoft and install it and it will fix this problem. Thanks.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  3. #163
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeath30
    That error message means that you dont have Windows Media Player 9 or above installed. Just download it from Microsoft and install it and it will fix this problem. Thanks.
    that fix'et thanks

  4. #164
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    26
    Any word on a release date for the new version. Can't wait for it. Thanks for the hard work Red.

  5. #165
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonn
    Any word on a release date for the new version. Can't wait for it. Thanks for the hard work Red.
    The new version now also has UK Time support as well as US time format support.
    So here is the run down on the new features in the new version:
    Split screen support in DVD, and Audio/Video Modules (2nd video card and windows XP with windows extended desktop required).
    Phone control integration(New!).
    iGuidance Enlarged Remote control Menus(will possibly release this seperately too).

    Currently I have a couple people doing hardcore road testing with it so the bugs are minimal if not non existent at release time. I will be releasing it after Thanksgiving as I will be busy with friends and family at the time. Thanks for everyones continued support!
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  6. #166
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by munkynpunky
    WOO HOO!!! The DVD module running over two screens is a GREAT idea, i need that and was worried that i would need to install a seperate DVD decoder to play via windows on screen 2 (The rear headrest screens)

    One idea, can you make the time / date set by locale? so i can choose UK and get the date right or is it through the same system as the organiser so this cannot be done?

    I have a phoco compatible phone so if you need a "beta" tester then feel free to ask me

    Keep up the good work!!!
    The next version will only be able to play the DVD movie on a single screen at a time. The program will require Windows XP with a 2nd video card with your rear monitors connected to it. There will be a split screen button that you will press and it will move the playing DVD to the 2nd screen and it will dissappear from the first screen. Then the main menu will show on the 1st screen. If the GPS was started then the GPS module will show. I have been having a really difficult time trying to get the Game Emulators to run on the 2nd screen, but the NES and SEGA emulators run extremely poorly, so poorly that it reduces the SEGA emulator from 60 frames per second down to about 6 to 8 which makes it totally unplayable. The NES emulator wont even display the game. It either shows a frozen screen or a black screen. I had to make some minor display setting changes to get the N64 to run. The SNES and the GBA emulators run unaffected. So what do you think? should I just make the emulator run in split screen mode anyway? or should I leave it alone? Please let me know. Thanks.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  7. #167
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    26
    Thanks for the update Red. If you need anymore road testers let me know. Thanks again for the hard work.

  8. #168
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    EL CAMINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    upland california us
    Posts
    1,283
    i really like your front end is great,i just have to say it,with the gps now and the double screen,awsome work.the only thing that i need to ask is,if there's a way to add audio file's extentions,that are playable on wmp,like ogg,m4a,ac3 flac,etc. by the way thanks man.

  9. #169
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by EL CAMINO
    i really like your front end is great,i just have to say it,with the gps now and the double screen,awsome work.the only thing that i need to ask is,if there's a way to add audio file's extentions,that are playable on wmp,like ogg,m4a,ac3 flac,etc. by the way thanks man.
    It wont play ogg files, but it will play ac3, m4a, and m4p files with the installation of the 3ivx codec from my website.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  10. #170
    Constant Bitrate munkynpunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeath30
    The next version will only be able to play the DVD movie on a single screen at a time. The program will require Windows XP with a 2nd video card with your rear monitors connected to it. There will be a split screen button that you will press and it will move the playing DVD to the 2nd screen and it will dissappear from the first screen. Then the main menu will show on the 1st screen. If the GPS was started then the GPS module will show. I have been having a really difficult time trying to get the Game Emulators to run on the 2nd screen, but the NES and SEGA emulators run extremely poorly, so poorly that it reduces the SEGA emulator from 60 frames per second down to about 6 to 8 which makes it totally unplayable. The NES emulator wont even display the game. It either shows a frozen screen or a black screen. I had to make some minor display setting changes to get the N64 to run. The SNES and the GBA emulators run unaffected. So what do you think? should I just make the emulator run in split screen mode anyway? or should I leave it alone? Please let me know. Thanks.
    Hi Red,

    Thanks for the update, My rear screens are on RCA and are split from the carputer, so the graphics card has a single RCA out and then a splitter to the screens, hopefully this would work on both screens because as far as the carputer knows all it is doing is showing 2 screens, main screen and second screen. hopefully this will work

    I wouldnt worry about the emulators, IMHO i dont play them very often and as my rear screens are only screens and not TS there will be no way for the passengers to play

    What do other people think?

    Thanks Again
    Drew
    Car is Dead, Hand is burnt - Let that be a lesson to me! never open the bonnet when you smell burning.

    http://www.digital-car.co.uk

Similar Threads

  1. AstraMac Frontend Progress Update
    By iKenndac in forum MacCar
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 03:52 PM
  2. Completed Requests and Features
    By xBrady in forum GPSSecure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 02:43 AM
  3. GPS Update fequency and Dead Reckoning
    By Scouse Monkey in forum GPS
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 05:46 AM
  4. MediaEngine Development Progress Update
    By CarComp in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 12:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •