Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Couple of questions...

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    52

    Couple of questions...

    Hey guys,

    I have been using MI for about a week now! WOW.... excellent front end. I have a couple of questions though.

    1. The Album art view is slow. It take between 1 and 2 mins to load the album art. That for 80-90 CDs. Is there a way to speed this up? does it search using a naming standard first? so if I was to have some form of naming for album art it would be quicker? Probably a long shot

    2. When in IG.. I choose to see GPS INFO from the menu, it kicks me back to the HOME, and when I go back i nto IG skin, it is there. I have chosen to hide Windows Componants, so maybe that window popping up has issues due to that?

    Overall, excellent software!

    -John

  2. #2
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin3
    Hey guys,

    I have been using MI for about a week now! WOW.... excellent front end. I have a couple of questions though.

    1. The Album art view is slow. It take between 1 and 2 mins to load the album art. That for 80-90 CDs. Is there a way to speed this up? does it search using a naming standard first? so if I was to have some form of naming for album art it would be quicker? Probably a long shot

    2. When in IG.. I choose to see GPS INFO from the menu, it kicks me back to the HOME, and when I go back i nto IG skin, it is there. I have chosen to hide Windows Componants, so maybe that window popping up has issues due to that?

    Overall, excellent software!

    -John
    1. -> There is no way programatically speaking to speed it up, but If you put your music folder below a single folder then set it as the music folder. The program looks in each folder for the folder.jpg file and if you have folders that it is scanning that dont have any music or media in, it will take an extra long time. I have about 150 or more albums and it only takes around 5 to 10 seconds for it to pull up the art on my P4 2.5Ghz with 256Mb ram.

    2. -> Yes you may be right on the hide windows. I added that feature because of the iGuidance module. Let me know if this fixes it, if not, I will have to look into it.

    Thanks for the questions and the compliments!
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    52
    Thanks!

    I have my music folder set. In this folder are 80-90 other folders that contain MP3s and album art. thats all. I point my settings to that "main folder" that houses all these albums as my music folder... sound about right?

    Again, great piece of software!
    -John

  4. #4
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin3
    Thanks!

    I have my music folder set. In this folder are 80-90 other folders that contain MP3s and album art. thats all. I point my settings to that "main folder" that houses all these albums as my music folder... sound about right?

    Again, great piece of software!
    -John
    Yes, sounds perfect. What kind of hardware do you have? How many seconds exactly does it take? and how many folders do you have exactly? Aslo do you have any folders in there that dont have any music in them?
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    52
    Reddeath, Thanks for the help.

    This was working great, but since started to act slow. Tonight, I noticed a bunch of "recent" labelled photos. So after going into the SETTINGS it appears that the default music folder set to MI's home directory. Not sure how, but I swapped it to what I wanted, and BAM... 8seconds

    One last thing... Some of the album are is called folder.jpg, and some is not. Would it be quicker if the were all named folder.jpg?

    THANKS!
    John

  6. #6
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin3
    Reddeath, Thanks for the help.

    This was working great, but since started to act slow. Tonight, I noticed a bunch of "recent" labelled photos. So after going into the SETTINGS it appears that the default music folder set to MI's home directory. Not sure how, but I swapped it to what I wanted, and BAM... 8seconds

    One last thing... Some of the album are is called folder.jpg, and some is not. Would it be quicker if the were all named folder.jpg?

    THANKS!
    John
    Excellent, glad to hear that its fast for you, and Yep, name em all folder.jpg. The program looks specifically for this file in each of the folders, if it doesnt find the file then it wont display the album.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    52
    Well, I got a few more

    1. When playing music for a long period, the menu switches back to the main menu. I hit Audio, and it goes back to my audio. It goes back to the album folder list (which is my default music folder in the settings)... not the one with albumart. Shouldnt it go into my currently playing songlist?

    2. When I go into IG I can hit the >> button to skip a song, and it will loop me to the main menu. I then have to go back into audio. Again it does not go into the playlist that is playing... same issue as above.

    Thanks
    John

  8. #8
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin3
    Well, I got a few more

    1. When playing music for a long period, the menu switches back to the main menu. I hit Audio, and it goes back to my audio. It goes back to the album folder list (which is my default music folder in the settings)... not the one with albumart. Shouldnt it go into my currently playing songlist?

    2. When I go into IG I can hit the >> button to skip a song, and it will loop me to the main menu. I then have to go back into audio. Again it does not go into the playlist that is playing... same issue as above.

    Thanks
    John
    Yep, I found this little bug while developing a few additional graphical features and will definitely be addressing them. Thanks for the report.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Similar Threads

  1. a couple of questions and info wanted :cool:
    By heuninck in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 04:13 AM
  2. Couple of XM radio Questions....
    By BoOsTin FD in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 01:02 AM
  3. Couple of questions.
    By PWNDLOL in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 02:07 AM
  4. Couple Questions
    By cdevelasco in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 09:40 PM
  5. Couple of questions
    By BigBadBlack 5.9 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 03:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •