Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Start GPS when MobileImpact starts

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    217

    Start GPS when MobileImpact starts

    alright, here's a little idea i was thinkin about. So normally when you hit gps, you wait like 2 seconds while the comp boots gps, and the screenn is ugly and says Loading iGuidance. Why not boot up iGuidance like 3-4 seconds after Mobile Impact has finished booting, but do it in the background. So that way, when ur ready to use GPS its already loaded?
    nGhost - The FREE Frontend for Linux | Graphics Developer
    Linux ICE - The Car PC Distro | Team Member

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate Zeroaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Al/Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    127
    i would like that to
    Im a pilot.

    I have become a cross control stall.

  3. #3
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Eubey View Post
    alright, here's a little idea i was thinkin about. So normally when you hit gps, you wait like 2 seconds while the comp boots gps, and the screenn is ugly and says Loading iGuidance. Why not boot up iGuidance like 3-4 seconds after Mobile Impact has finished booting, but do it in the background. So that way, when ur ready to use GPS its already loaded?
    Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. The only problem is that for the code to work to embed, the GPS module has to be showing on the screen first, then it is able to capture the GPS program and then do a setparent which is the code for it. I could try keeping the main menu on top of the gps module until it gets to the point where it resizes the gps program and then brings the module up top. I will see how it works and include it in the new version. Thanks.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate MobiTekLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    641
    Kudos on that, its really the only ugly thing that happens w/ MI.
    You can make that an option to have, but an important one, for certain folks that want their GPS functioning constantly and quickly. As long as its in the background it would add a great deal to MI.
    Also, how about incorporating a GPS coord recorder to function w/ IG3??
    08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

  5. #5
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by MobiTekLink View Post
    Kudos on that, its really the only ugly thing that happens w/ MI.
    You can make that an option to have, but an important one, for certain folks that want their GPS functioning constantly and quickly. As long as its in the background it would add a great deal to MI.
    Also, how about incorporating a GPS coord recorder to function w/ IG3??
    iG3 has that feature built in, but the only way to access it is to go through the regular file menu which is not finger friendly at all. There are no short cut keys to send to it making it almost impossible to automate. Once you click on File, then Record Track from the file menu, it then opens up a regular windows dialog to enter a filename and log file save location making it even more complicated. If you had a keyboard and a mouse, you could just hit Alt + F then R to open the file menu and then open the dialog, then take it from there.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate MobiTekLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeath30 View Post
    iG3 has that feature built in, but the only way to access it is to go through the regular file menu which is not finger friendly at all. There are no short cut keys to send to it making it almost impossible to automate. Once you click on File, then Record Track from the file menu, it then opens up a regular windows dialog to enter a filename and log file save location making it even more complicated. If you had a keyboard and a mouse, you could just hit Alt + F then R to open the file menu and then open the dialog, then take it from there.
    They have some programs that do that but I think you have to get GPSFramson I think...
    08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4
    Can IG3 be fully embeded? Will i be able to use all the menu button or do i still need to use the older version of IG?

  8. #8
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by illudezion View Post
    Can IG3 be fully embeded? Will i be able to use all the menu button or do i still need to use the older version of IG?
    IG3 is fully embedded, and the program no longer has the menus like it has now. The only difference will be that for users who still have iG2.x versions it will still support it, but instead of the menus there will be an on screen keyboard that will work with it. The new version also has the capability to embed pretty much any GPS program that you want to use now.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4
    Which is the best program out there and are there any 3D style?

  10. #10
    Mobile Impact Creator reddeath30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fontana, California
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by illudezion View Post
    Which is the best program out there and are there any 3D style?
    I have tested many different GPS programs and the best out there is hands down iGuidance 3.0. I believe most programs out there have a 3d mode.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. EniCar the RR Clone
    By enitalp in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 06:12 PM
  2. Code to start Programs when RR starts
    By wave9984 in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 07:12 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 04:37 AM
  4. Compact flash gps compatability question
    By NUIpIsqo in forum GPS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 05:48 PM
  5. How do i start a program when windows starts its shutdown rutines
    By darkwingduck in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-1999, 07:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •