Does MMC exist somewhere to download ?
Does MMC exist somewhere to download ?
Just tested and I got a 404 response too. I'll go take a look and see if I have it somewhere. PM me with you email address and I'll try to email it to you in the next few days. (I'm in Iraq. Sorry for the delay.)Quote:
Originally Posted by john9er
problem downloading.. det usernanme or pass does not work... why?
The username and password work just fine. (I just tried it.) However, the file is not available for download. I will try to get another copy uploaded here shortly (ran into problems the last time I tried).
I got the file uploaded. If you want it, PM with your email.Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmi
Can't wait for the next release of MMC... best front end I've used so far!
Plus it's the only one that will properly control the volume of all 4 speakers. I'll be looking forward to the next installment.
Well, I think that Mobile Media Center is dead. There has not been one post anymore from MMC. So I have moved on to a more stable frontend. Hope things here continues. Unlikely...
hey guys, I understand everyone has a life... but when I see posts starting to say "oh the radio is gone under" and I see you guys posting in the forums and not saying anything to the contrary of that a doubt arises... maybe it would be easier for others if you just update the status post to say "despite what some people have been ging aruond saying, the radio is still in development, we will post as soon as we have something" this should keep everyone quiet for a few more months or until it is done (whichever comes first)...
I'll donate as soon as I have some more vapor cash :D (cash for donations of stuff, as opposed to cash for stuff I buy right there... nothing to do with any thought of this not coming through - I think it will... I pray for it!:lol:)
iMeedia™ A.k.a. Mobile Media Center™ has already gone beyond the normal front end program for carputers. My personal opinion being a treckie and all of that good stuff as well as owning my own automotive performance garrage leads me to belive it should not stop at its current stage. I've seen the photos and the blue print of iMeedia 2, but it is still in the generalization of Mobile Media front end. I think it should break out. I allready made the pitch of iMeedia being its own front end...based off a linux system. It wouldn't be hard according to ben, but just very time consuming. So I think that we should take every program we can figure out that people use, from teens to the senior years.... and integrate everything we can into iMeedia so that if we must, we can live in our cars. Not like I'm saying I want to live in my car. But I do spend 90% of my time in my cars, the other 10% of my time is in dream land in my bed. I am only here now because I broke an axle drifting... but it needs to be done.
I want to be able to jump in my car, start her up with either a key or a USB card with a cool little auto run protocal on it that will start up a auto car starter through CECU. I want to be able to check my email right there in the driver seat through a nice web browser like Firefox before I make my comute to work or to my girls place. I want to then throw in a cd or DVD of 5.1 Digital Music and watch/listen to it as I drive. I want to experience 5.1 DTS in my car as I hang out at the local cruise spot after I have just thrown in a DVD. I want to be able to load up Britanica or Encarta after I just found something I'm interested in knowing, and learn about it right there in my car. I want a full database of everything I can possibly find, weather it be software related or web related. I want the best wireless conectivity I can possibly get. I want to be able to punch in an address and iMeedia shows me where the spot is for racing tonight. (I dont street race if your worried) And then I want to be able to open my gmail account and text my girlfriend that I love her as I drive away into the night or morning sunrise to go home. Then last and certainly not least, I want to get home, turn off my car and at a specific time, it will do an automatic update of everything as well as updating the music that I just downloaded on my home pc, and after all of that, I want it to be able to go into suspend mode so it doesn't run down my 100 dollor Yellow Top requireing me to flip the switch, and switch to aux power. (yes I have auxilary power, and aux fuel too)
Race Day: I want to be able to load my tuner program and tune and run my car right there at the strip...I know taking a program and adding it to another program isn't that hard, I just dont know how to do it hehe...
"Coming" has one "m" and "satellite" has two "l"s.