Page 33 of 236 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 2359

Thread: Archive

  1. #321
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    96
    Works fine for me so far, no problems at all. I love the visuals.

    Program is smooth and fast. Really nice.

  2. #322
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridEngineer
    So... how is the new update? Are the new features working well for you? Seem to be solid? Like to hear comments if there are any...

    Thanks
    Works great.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  3. #323
    Maximum Bitrate Bitoholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Posts
    682

    PIM Features

    Just to answer tCoy's question from earlier and to give some heads up to individuals looking for this functionality. We will be providing built in Person Information Management features. Calandar, Appointments, Address Book, etc. I am also either going to do our own version or talk to Zorro about integrating something like PhoneControl into our app.

    We have to focus on one thing at a time and get each component rock solid before moving on to the next. It will all come in time, so be patient.

    Plus you should take these forum threads as an opportunity for feature request. We already have many that we will be implementing, but keep them coming.

    Thanks everyone.
    Ben S. Stahlhood II
    Hybrid Mobile
    MMC/Transcend Developer
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.hybrid-mobile.com/
    http://www.cocoamachine.com/
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bstahlhood/

  4. #324
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridEngineer
    Just to answer tCoy's question from earlier and to give some heads up to individuals looking for this functionality. We will be providing built in Person Information Management features. Calandar, Appointments, Address Book, etc. I am also either going to do our own version or talk to Zorro about integrating something like PhoneControl into our app.

    We have to focus on one thing at a time and get each component rock solid before moving on to the next. It will all come in time, so be patient.

    Plus you should take these forum threads as an opportunity for feature request. We already have many that we will be implementing, but keep them coming.

    Thanks everyone.
    Perfect

  5. #325
    Maximum Bitrate EBFoxbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    837
    When on the visual screen I click on the main menu button, then on music, then i get bumpted back to the visual screen.

    Is there a way to stop playing a song other than pause?

    How about playlists?

    DVD works fine for me now, even the hard-to-play Terminator 3 DVD is OK. Though music plays over it, I think the DVD should preempt it.

    So far so good!
    ,./(0)3

    '04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

    [---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

  6. #326
    Maximum Bitrate EBFoxbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridEngineer
    I need to free up some screen space. Any ideas?
    Buttons on the sides... I know it makes the viewable screen smaller, but it gives you more space for buttons
    ,./(0)3

    '04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

    [---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

  7. #327
    ob1
    ob1 is offline
    Low Bitrate ob1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    79
    various feedback:
    - can you not bundle new versions without .NET F/W please? I know you're trying to have a self contained bundle, but it's wasteful to D/L ~20MB of stuff you already have.

    - 3 reasons to implement a file browsing mode:
    1. Very large music collections can sometime be more easily searched this way.
    2. If you music does not have id3 tags, it will not be where you expect it to be in the artist/albumn/genre lists
    3. for those of us who like to play mp3s off cd/dvd, those disks aren't even in the database.

    - i entered the root dir of a drive as my media folder and the DB build crashed. If i entered a sub-dir (Music) of the drive, it built OK. The drive has the following dir.s on it:
    \music # 7GB of music
    \videos # empty
    \pictures # empty
    \RECYCLER #system
    \System Volume Information #system
    I suspect it is either failing on the system directories or the empty ones.

    - will the DB ever support dynamic updates? This is a key issue. Right now, you get a "ArgumentOutOfRangeException" if you try and play a song that has been deleted and of course any new songs are not even in the list.

    - Can you remove the "safe volume" feature? I know what i want my volume set to and i dont need the player to keep reseting it to 20% for me

    - nice features i'd like included: mouse wheel support for volume or list scrolling and a song position slider bar.


    Overall though, a very fast player.

    cheers,
    sean.

  8. #328
    Maximum Bitrate EBFoxbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by ob1
    \music # 7GB of music
    \videos # empty
    \pictures # empty
    \RECYCLER #system
    \System Volume Information #system
    I find it to crash on anything but a standard media files. My 0KB MP3 always crashes it (as well as many other programs.)

    ....now waiting for alpha 4...or is that beta 1
    ,./(0)3

    '04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

    [---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

  9. #329
    Maximum Bitrate Bitoholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Posts
    682
    Some very good points were made. I am going to set aside what I have been working on for now and get this other stuff done.

    Next update will have a file browser mode, dynamic updates, and better error handling on db building. I am also going to implement a request to allow more then one folder in the mediaFolder setting.

    I will get a milestone list set up for you all too. I want you all to see what is being worked on, when it is planned to be completed, etc.

    As far as other things mentioned, I will add them to the requested features list.

    Thanks again guys.
    Ben S. Stahlhood II
    Hybrid Mobile
    MMC/Transcend Developer
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.hybrid-mobile.com/
    http://www.cocoamachine.com/
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bstahlhood/

  10. #330
    Maximum Bitrate Bitoholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by ob1
    various feedback:
    - can you not bundle new versions without .NET F/W please? I know you're trying to have a self contained bundle, but it's wasteful to D/L ~20MB of stuff you already have.
    Yes. All future builds will have two links. One for those without .NET Framework and one for those who already have it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ob1
    - 3 reasons to implement a file browsing mode:
    1. Very large music collections can sometime be more easily searched this way.
    2. If you music does not have id3 tags, it will not be where you expect it to be in the artist/albumn/genre lists
    3. for those of us who like to play mp3s off cd/dvd, those disks aren't even in the database.
    I agree with 1 and 2. For 3 we will have it to where you can play MP3's off a CD or DVD. Auto insert notification and then it will determine the type of CD and handle it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ob1
    - i entered the root dir of a drive as my media folder and the DB build crashed. If i entered a sub-dir (Music) of the drive, it built OK. The drive has the following dir.s on it:
    \music # 7GB of music
    \videos # empty
    \pictures # empty
    \RECYCLER #system
    \System Volume Information #system
    I suspect it is either failing on the system directories or the empty ones.
    You are correct. It is dying when it reaches "System Volume Information" or anything that requires the same permissions. I will fix it to where it skips over permission denied folders.

    Quote Originally Posted by ob1
    - will the DB ever support dynamic updates? This is a key issue. Right now, you get a "ArgumentOutOfRangeException" if you try and play a song that has been deleted and of course any new songs are not even in the list.
    Yes it will. I have been working on the code but have not completed it yet. I will get this done right away, since I agree with you that this is a critical item.

    Quote Originally Posted by ob1
    - Can you remove the "safe volume" feature? I know what i want my volume set to and i dont need the player to keep reseting it to 20% for me
    Done!

    Quote Originally Posted by ob1
    - nice features i'd like included: mouse wheel support for volume or list scrolling and a song position slider bar.
    I have added these to our feature request list. Thank you for the feedback!

    Quote Originally Posted by ob1
    Overall though, a very fast player.

    cheers,
    sean.
    Thanks!
    Ben S. Stahlhood II
    Hybrid Mobile
    MMC/Transcend Developer
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.hybrid-mobile.com/
    http://www.cocoamachine.com/
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bstahlhood/

Similar Threads

  1. Alpine
    By more mods in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 05:34 AM
  2. Frodo's Files Archive!
    By kujosan in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 09:24 PM
  3. Archive
    By liquid_smoke in forum PhoneControl
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 04:01 AM
  4. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY AND DECENT, NO MORE ARCHIVE POSTS!!!
    By sleddog4 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2000, 09:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •