Works great.Originally Posted by HybridEngineer
Works fine for me so far, no problems at all. I love the visuals.
Program is smooth and fast. Really nice.
Just to answer tCoy's question from earlier and to give some heads up to individuals looking for this functionality. We will be providing built in Person Information Management features. Calandar, Appointments, Address Book, etc. I am also either going to do our own version or talk to Zorro about integrating something like PhoneControl into our app.
We have to focus on one thing at a time and get each component rock solid before moving on to the next. It will all come in time, so be patient.
Plus you should take these forum threads as an opportunity for feature request. We already have many that we will be implementing, but keep them coming.
PerfectOriginally Posted by HybridEngineer
When on the visual screen I click on the main menu button, then on music, then i get bumpted back to the visual screen.
Is there a way to stop playing a song other than pause?
How about playlists?
DVD works fine for me now, even the hard-to-play Terminator 3 DVD is OK. Though music plays over it, I think the DVD should preempt it.
So far so good!
Buttons on the sides... I know it makes the viewable screen smaller, but it gives you more space for buttonsOriginally Posted by HybridEngineer
- can you not bundle new versions without .NET F/W please? I know you're trying to have a self contained bundle, but it's wasteful to D/L ~20MB of stuff you already have.
- 3 reasons to implement a file browsing mode:
1. Very large music collections can sometime be more easily searched this way.
2. If you music does not have id3 tags, it will not be where you expect it to be in the artist/albumn/genre lists
3. for those of us who like to play mp3s off cd/dvd, those disks aren't even in the database.
- i entered the root dir of a drive as my media folder and the DB build crashed. If i entered a sub-dir (Music) of the drive, it built OK. The drive has the following dir.s on it:
\music # 7GB of music
\videos # empty
\pictures # empty
\System Volume Information #system
I suspect it is either failing on the system directories or the empty ones.
- will the DB ever support dynamic updates? This is a key issue. Right now, you get a "ArgumentOutOfRangeException" if you try and play a song that has been deleted and of course any new songs are not even in the list.
- Can you remove the "safe volume" feature? I know what i want my volume set to and i dont need the player to keep reseting it to 20% for me
- nice features i'd like included: mouse wheel support for volume or list scrolling and a song position slider bar.
Overall though, a very fast player.
I find it to crash on anything but a standard media files. My 0KB MP3 always crashes it (as well as many other programs.)Originally Posted by ob1
....now waiting for alpha 4...or is that beta 1
Some very good points were made. I am going to set aside what I have been working on for now and get this other stuff done.
Next update will have a file browser mode, dynamic updates, and better error handling on db building. I am also going to implement a request to allow more then one folder in the mediaFolder setting.
I will get a milestone list set up for you all too. I want you all to see what is being worked on, when it is planned to be completed, etc.
As far as other things mentioned, I will add them to the requested features list.
Thanks again guys.
Yes. All future builds will have two links. One for those without .NET Framework and one for those who already have it.Originally Posted by ob1
I agree with 1 and 2. For 3 we will have it to where you can play MP3's off a CD or DVD. Auto insert notification and then it will determine the type of CD and handle it.Originally Posted by ob1
You are correct. It is dying when it reaches "System Volume Information" or anything that requires the same permissions. I will fix it to where it skips over permission denied folders.Originally Posted by ob1
Yes it will. I have been working on the code but have not completed it yet. I will get this done right away, since I agree with you that this is a critical item.Originally Posted by ob1
Done!Originally Posted by ob1
I have added these to our feature request list. Thank you for the feedback!Originally Posted by ob1
Thanks!Originally Posted by ob1