Page 63 of 236 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 2359

Thread: Archive

  1. #621
    Rub One Out Motoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hertfordshire, England, Earth, Solar System
    Posts
    919
    what is the resolution? 840x480? fit the liliput screen?
    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

  2. #622
    Variable Bitrate HybridMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    367
    what is the resolution? 840x480? fit the liliput screen?
    We all use xenarc to test on, but the resolution has been set at 800x600...
    does the Lilliput auto scale the incoming vga like the xenarc does?

  3. #623
    Rub One Out Motoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hertfordshire, England, Earth, Solar System
    Posts
    919
    well i got it set at 848x480 to use mediacar, plus its the natuve resolution anything higher will make it unreadable for me, will u add different resolution settings? i dont think the lili does auto scale...
    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

  4. #624
    Maximum Bitrate Bitoholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoko
    well i got it set at 848x480 to use mediacar, plus its the natuve resolution anything higher will make it unreadable for me, will u add different resolution settings? i dont think the lili does auto scale...
    Just out of curiousity... have you downloaded and tried Mobile Media Center? That might answer your question on how bad it looks or if it auto scales... just a suggestion. It would be good info for us to have as well.

    Thanks
    Ben S. Stahlhood II
    Hybrid Mobile
    MMC/Transcend Developer
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.hybrid-mobile.com/
    http://www.cocoamachine.com/
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bstahlhood/

  5. #625
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    81
    a liliput will automatically interpolate the incoming vga signal if its larger than 800x480. just like xenarcs do.
    Philip Plante
    my projects:
    idgn.org | idgnonline.net | contrastsolutions.net

  6. #626
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    17
    I had to adjust the resolution on windows to 800x600.. i had it on 840x480 orginally I am using a lilliput.

  7. #627
    C4M
    C4M is offline
    Maximum Bitrate C4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    824

    Lightbulb Remote Controls

    Hybrid boys

    You mentioned in one of the closed threads that you were wondering what sort of remote would be suitable.

    As I mentioned in the conversation that we had when you started this, I'd recommend the remote controls available from http://www.mediaremote.com.

    They're a useful size, don't require line of sight, and screenprinted usefully such that they would suit our needs (well - my needs at least! ).

    Drivers for these things are readily available - on top of that, I have a little test application for (surprise!) testing them. Both are available from the resources link on the website in my sig below.

    C!
    http://carpc.riposte.net
    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

  8. #628
    Maximum Bitrate Bitoholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by C4M
    Hybrid boys

    You mentioned in one of the closed threads that you were wondering what sort of remote would be suitable.

    As I mentioned in the conversation that we had when you started this, I'd recommend the remote controls available from http://www.mediaremote.com.

    They're a useful size, don't require line of sight, and screenprinted usefully such that they would suit our needs (well - my needs at least! ).

    Drivers for these things are readily available - on top of that, I have a little test application for (surprise!) testing them. Both are available from the resources link on the website in my sig below.

    C!
    Great! Thanks for the info. Part of the plug-in system will be the option to develop remote plug-ins. That way on top of the ones we initially support, other developers can create remote plug-ins for MMC.
    Ben S. Stahlhood II
    Hybrid Mobile
    MMC/Transcend Developer
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.hybrid-mobile.com/
    http://www.cocoamachine.com/
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bstahlhood/

  9. #629
    C4M
    C4M is offline
    Maximum Bitrate C4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    824

    Alpha 4 feedback

    Did some run through with MMC on the weekend, and although I didn't have time for real testing, I had some comments/feedback from an interface perspective:

    • Can we remove the EQ from the the top corner (figure yes given that the interface is XML)
    • Can we show Elapsed time and total time?
    • Can we set the current track to scroll at the top of the screen only when the text string is longer than the top box?
    • Can the text string at the top of the screen show the name of the artist as well?
    • I like what happens when I double click on the song button! (Change to layout of the playlist)
    • Can we have tool tips (at least while we're learning the software, and there isn't a manual)?
    • Can we hide all the buttons that relate to visualisations?
    • Presumably there is a big hidden options screen hidden away somewhere?
    • Is there a button that will take you back to the current track in the current playlist if you don't select a new track when playing with the sort buttons?
    • Can we control the length of time that the flash box (with new Volume, or 'Pause') appears? It flashes up very quickly, and I should be concentrating on driving!
    • Can we have something that indicated current volume?
    • Typically, Volume down is to the left of volume up. I notice that yours is the other way around...


    It's all a little interfacey really, and I know that some of the stuff can be solved via skin. Hopefully it's of some use.

    C!
    http://carpc.riposte.net
    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

  10. #630
    Maximum Bitrate Bitoholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by C4M
    Did some run through with MMC on the weekend, and although I didn't have time for real testing, I had some comments/feedback from an interface perspective:

    • Can we remove the EQ from the the top corner (figure yes given that the interface is XML)
    • Can we show Elapsed time and total time?
    • Can we set the current track to scroll at the top of the screen only when the text string is longer than the top box?
    • Can the text string at the top of the screen show the name of the artist as well?
    • I like what happens when I double click on the song button! (Change to layout of the playlist)
    • Can we have tool tips (at least while we're learning the software, and there isn't a manual)?
    • Can we hide all the buttons that relate to visualisations?
    • Presumably there is a big hidden options screen hidden away somewhere?
    • Is there a button that will take you back to the current track in the current playlist if you don't select a new track when playing with the sort buttons?
    • Can we control the length of time that the flash box (with new Volume, or 'Pause') appears? It flashes up very quickly, and I should be concentrating on driving!
    • Can we have something that indicated current volume?
    • Typically, Volume down is to the left of volume up. I notice that yours is the other way around...


    It's all a little interfacey really, and I know that some of the stuff can be solved via skin. Hopefully it's of some use.

    C!
    Excellent feedback. Thank you! I will take some of this into consideration for Alpha Release 5. Like you said, some of this will be solved via skin settings and the configuration/options screen when I finish it

    Thanks again
    Ben S. Stahlhood II
    Hybrid Mobile
    MMC/Transcend Developer
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.hybrid-mobile.com/
    http://www.cocoamachine.com/
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bstahlhood/

Similar Threads

  1. Alpine
    By more mods in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 06:34 AM
  2. Frodo's Files Archive!
    By kujosan in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 10:24 PM
  3. Archive
    By liquid_smoke in forum PhoneControl
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 05:01 AM
  4. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY AND DECENT, NO MORE ARCHIVE POSTS!!!
    By sleddog4 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2000, 10:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •