Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: New MJS USB IO-1 4 Relay & 4 Input Device

  1. #1
    mp3Car Staff
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Jensen2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    291
    Blog Entries
    79

    New MJS USB IO-1 4 Relay & 4 Input Device



    MJS Gadgets presents their newest USB IO device. Combining 4 digital inputs and 4 relays, it's perfect for powering on and off amplifiers, ambient LED lighting, raising a power antenna, or anything else than requires a intelligent power switching.





    Features

    USB controlled and powered.
    This interface is USB for PC control. HID device no drivers needed.
    4 Relays (1 amp) selectable Normally-Open or Normally-Closed
    4 Digital Inputs (5 30 volt opto-coupled).
    Plug-able Terminal Blocks, (Phoenix style).
    Car PC: Ride Runner support.
    Car PC: Centrafuse support.
    Includes USB A to mini-B cable.
    FREE Developer .NET/Com Object Control Class. (Available in the Developer forum.)

    Package Contents

    USB IO Controller
    USB to mini cable
    DVD



    SHOP NOW

  2. #2
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    Both RideRunner and Centrafuse plug-ins are updated... download from my skydrive

    http://cid-ed9324dabf9c9cb3.office.l...se.aspx/Public
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    25
    okay so quick question, could I use this to power on my amp AFTER my computer completely boots up in an automated and easy(as in I'm not a programmer!) way?

    I have a feeling that the answer is yes, i just hope its easy enough to implement!

  4. #4
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by ideal2545 View Post
    okay so quick question, could I use this to power on my amp AFTER my computer completely boots up in an automated and easy(as in I'm not a programmer!) way?

    I have a feeling that the answer is yes, i just hope its easy enough to implement!
    yes, if you use Ride Runner or Centrafuse....
    if you dont, then you prob will have to code it yourself, (or ask me to do it)
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    574
    So to switch on say an AMP with this device, i dont need to draw 12V from the battery and those massive current of amperes?

    For my carpc project ive used 3 relays for various tasks
    [1] Power switch for carpc PSU
    [2] Turn on AMP (remote trigger via DSATX)
    [3] Trigger reverse on the Lilliput 629

    and I'm using those huge 30A one cause i figured i need the amperes - is this not then the case and I could use this device?
    New Car PC Build list in progress

  6. #6
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    51
    you definitely dont need anything more than this device for the remote wire that actually turns on the amp. that line typically only runs a few mA as its nothing more than a signal to the amp to use the larger power wire to turn on.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    574
    Im actually looking for a board of relays but would like them capable of providing 30A as don't want these huge units.

    OK, so I can trigger my amp, so i assume i could also trigger the lilliput to switch when in reverse, thats 2 down, but i would need to keep the carpc trigger as this supplied the DSATX PSU

    Now the only problem is i only have 10 USB ports and don't want to add a hub..

    My USB ports that are used for are
    [1] Touch Screen
    [2] GPS
    [3] BT phone
    [4] BT keyboard
    [5] TPMS
    [6] DAB+
    [7] ECU Dongle
    [8] Wireless LAN Dongle
    [9] 3G Data Card
    [10] reserved for video capture device

    New Car PC Build list in progress

  8. #8
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosti View Post
    Im actually looking for a board of relays but would like them capable of providing 30A as don't want these huge units.

    OK, so I can trigger my amp, so i assume i could also trigger the lilliput to switch when in reverse, thats 2 down, but i would need to keep the carpc trigger as this supplied the DSATX PSU

    Now the only problem is i only have 10 USB ports and don't want to add a hub..

    My USB ports that are used for are
    [1] Touch Screen
    [2] GPS
    [3] BT phone
    [4] BT keyboard
    [5] TPMS
    [6] DAB+
    [7] ECU Dongle
    [8] Wireless LAN Dongle
    [9] 3G Data Card
    [10] reserved for video capture device

    Isn't the Lilliput's reverse trigger a ground/voltage wire anyway? What ever you use to trigger this device could go direct to the Lilli, couldn't it? Unless there's something else you want to trigger when you go into reverse, you'd just be wasting an input/output on this.

    VegasGuy

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    574
    i have problem when triggering this so i want to test this again with a relay or diode as when i release the trigger it reverts back to VGA but then turns off the screen.

    Digressing a little but my 629 wasn't designed for reverse, it's been hacked and work in progress

    Cheers
    New Car PC Build list in progress

  10. #10
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosti View Post
    i have problem when triggering this so i want to test this again with a relay or diode as when i release the trigger it reverts back to VGA but then turns off the screen.

    Digressing a little but my 629 wasn't designed for reverse, it's been hacked and work in progress

    Cheers
    Ah so, I understand. Hardware hacks are ALWAYS an adventure. Enjoy!

    VegasGuy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Install Windows XP on a USB Flash Drive
    By kingofl337 in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
  2. Hardware Review: Intelligent DC-DC converter with USB interface
    By sergatiuk in forum The Review Palace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 09:49 PM
  3. Requests
    By CdRsKuLL in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 05:09 AM
  4. My USB/Wifi troubles.
    By JPuma in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 11:44 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 06:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •