Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 314
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Introducing Mimics. The ultimate iPhone-in-your-car experience

  1. #141
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    First off, this is awesome! I ordered the module and can't wait to install it. I will be able to market/sell this for many custom installations through my website. My question is for vehicles that already use touchscreen headunits, you can plug the touchscreen into the mimics module but then lose the factory function. Would it be possible to "split" the 4 wire connection to a "Y" and plug it into both the stock unit and Mimics controller at the same time?

    For example, the new Dodge vehicles come with a nice 8.4 inch touch display. You couldn't put an overlay on it so your only option is to use the stock display connection.

    Thanks for the response.

    Also, any suggestions on a way to extend the 4 wire cable from an overlay to reach the mimics module if not using the lilliput one.

    Nate
    Last edited by VegasNate; 08-07-2011 at 07:06 PM.

  2. #142
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    385
    I know exactly what you mean about the y-splitter. I have already started to work on this due to the many requests of intergrating the mimics with an aftermarket/OEM headunit.

    4-wire ribbon extensions will be available with the y-splitter option.

    What kind of touchscreen does the dodge have? 4-wire,5-wire etc.

  3. #143
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    I know exactly what you mean about the y-splitter. I have already started to work on this due to the many requests of intergrating the mimics with an aftermarket/OEM headunit.

    4-wire ribbon extensions will be available with the y-splitter option.

    What kind of touchscreen does the dodge have? 4-wire,5-wire etc.
    Awesome news! I will order those the moment you have them available.

    I have not been able to confirm that the new Dodge screens are 4 or 5-wire touch. Still researching that.

  4. #144
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    I can confirm that the new dodge 8.4" head units are 4 wire. I took one apart today. Now I just need a way to split the cable....

  5. #145
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    385
    Great, did you manage to see the width of the 4-wire ribbon cable? It should be about 5mm wide. The reason I ask is some older style 4-wire connections have a big 4-wire connector, in this case a converter is required. I guess I can always build this into the switcher module.

  6. #146
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    I didn't measure it but took some pics...


  7. #147
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    385
    Thanks for that.. That cable will fit no problem Give me a week and if your keen on testing it, I will send you a prototype of the switcher board to try.

  8. #148
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    Thanks for that.. That cable will fit no problem Give me a week and if your keen on testing it, I will send you a prototype of the switcher board to try.
    Thank you so much! Can't wait!

    Nate

  9. #149
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    32
    It would be great if we could get a list going off all the compatible screens that could be used with mimics, all which have the 4 wire resistive touch.
    Even major manufactures like pioneer, sony screens etc

  10. #150
    Newbie SteadiFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by foster182 View Post
    It would be great if we could get a list going off all the compatible screens that could be used with mimics, all which have the 4 wire resistive touch.
    Even major manufactures like pioneer, sony screens etc
    I'm wondering the same, but for touch overlays.

    If it's fairly simple to add a touch overlay to cars like mine that have a color LCD and alternative means of inputting video, that would snag my interest as well.


    ---
    - Sent from my Jailbroken Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Ultimate In-Car iPhone Screen Duplicating Kit, GPS Tracking App
    By Jensen2000 in forum Mp3Car Blog Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 11:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •