Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 316
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Introducing Mimics. The ultimate iPhone-in-your-car experience

  1. #231
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by elitno View Post
    I'm a very happy owner of mimics.
    It worked perfectly until last week when I decided to update the iphone to ios 5.0.1 unthetered.
    My iphone no longer connect to mimics.

    So Don't Upgrade to ios 5.0.1 !!!!!

    I'm waiting for new drivers... or a solution !
    We have now discovered a simple workaround that will enable the mimics to work again on all devices that are having issues.

    You can now use your mimics with the latest iOS5.0.1 untethered jailbreak

    Here is the PDF detailing the steps: HERE

    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    Hi, yes we still do modifications of VGA cables to enable charging. You can either send us yours or we can ship one already modified to you.

    How would one go about ordering one of these already modified? I already have an HDMI adapter but it is slightly short for my setup and I dislike having to connect two cables.

    Thanks
    Are you looking for audio out from HDMI or VGA?

  2. #232
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    14
    [QUOTE=customGadz;1466172]We have now discovered a simple workaround that will enable the mimics to work again on all devices that are having issues.

    You can now use your mimics with the latest iOS5.0.1 untethered jailbreak

    Here is the PDF detailing the steps: HERE



    Are you looking for audio out from HDMI or VGA?[/QUO

    VGA. The same cable jmciver suggested. I was just curious if I could get the same cable already modified or if I would have to order it first and where I would send it.

  3. #233
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    390
    VGA. The same cable jmciver suggested. I was just curious if I could get the same cable already modified or if I would have to order it first and where I would send it.
    We have just ordered a bunch VGA+RCA and should have them ready in about 10 days (with USB plug modification for charging).

  4. #234
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    14
    Awesome! Will you post in here when it is done or should I just check in the store?

  5. #235
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    We have just ordered a bunch VGA+RCA and should have them ready in about 10 days (with USB plug modification for charging).
    So do I get a discount for making the suggestion to use the VGA+RCA cable, lol ? Anyway, what is going to be the price for your modified VGA+RCA cable?

  6. #236
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
    So do I get a discount for making the suggestion to use the VGA+RCA cable, lol ? Anyway, what is going to be the price for your modified VGA+RCA cable?
    Hehe, we have been adding USB charging to the OEM Apple VGA cables for a while now. We generally only make them if someone requests it. (They are a pain to make)
    If you have already or are thinking of purchasing a mimics, then I'm sure we can look after you. We sell the OEM Apple VGA+Charge for $65, though i'm sure we can do a better price on the non-OEM VGA+Audio.

  7. #237
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6
    Do iPads use HDMI or composite? Does the Mimics module work with a Lilliput FA1046-NP/C/T 10.4" screen?

  8. #238
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_hildo View Post
    Do iPads use HDMI or composite? Does the Mimics module work with a Lilliput FA1046-NP/C/T 10.4" screen?
    It can do both. It just depends on which 30-pin cable you get for it.

  9. #239
    Variable Bitrate super-fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    256
    Does anyone know of a dock extension cable that supports VGA video. I modified a VGA adapter to charge my phone as well but instead of plugging the adapter directly into the phone I would rather have a dock extension cable that I can just run to the phone. The adapter is awkward to try to plug in especially with the addition of the additional charging cable. Not only that it's kinda heavy and it worries me to have the phones dock support that weight. It would be ideal to have all that behind the dash and just have the one cable to plug into the phone. I have tried a couple different cables now that have said they support video but they don't. I don't know why it's such a difficult task really. All it is, is running wires pin to pin no? Thanks for any help. Also, anyone figure out how to route call audio through the dock yet? Or is it still a two connection setup?

  10. #240
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by super-fly View Post
    Does anyone know of a dock extension cable that supports VGA video. I modified a VGA adapter to charge my phone as well but instead of plugging the adapter directly into the phone I would rather have a dock extension cable that I can just run to the phone. The adapter is awkward to try to plug in especially with the addition of the additional charging cable. Not only that it's kinda heavy and it worries me to have the phones dock support that weight. It would be ideal to have all that behind the dash and just have the one cable to plug into the phone. I have tried a couple different cables now that have said they support video but they don't. I don't know why it's such a difficult task really. All it is, is running wires pin to pin no? Thanks for any help. Also, anyone figure out how to route call audio through the dock yet? Or is it still a two connection setup?
    Here you go (this is what I plan to use for the reason you mentioned): http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockXtender.html

Similar Threads

  1. Ultimate In-Car iPhone Screen Duplicating Kit, GPS Tracking App
    By Jensen2000 in forum Mp3Car Blog Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 12:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •