I have an iPhone 4S, Firmware 5.0 9A334. I finally installed my Mimics and, after fixing a loose touchscreen cable, got it to work yesterday. Last night, I saw an update for the Mimics driver (from the previous version to the new version 1.3-1). After installing this update, the touchscreen is no longer responding. Here is what I know:
1. DisplayOut shows a connection when I connect the iPhone to the Mimics
2. Mimics shows the warning screen when I connect the iPhone to the Mimics
3. The remote home button still works
4. We have tried it with the new power connection rule in Mimics app settings on or off, same problem
4. Using the old version of the Mimics driver, we were able to use the calibration utility as described in the user's manual. Using the new version of the Mimics driver, the blue LED on the Mimics does NOT turn off as described.
5. We have fixed and re-checked the touchscreen ribbon cable. Everything was working before the Mimics driver update, nothing else changed but the Mimics driver update, and then it stopped working.
I *really* do not want to upgrade the firmware on my phone, so I have a request: would you mind re-releasing the OLD version of the Mimics driver (maybe call it Mimics driver for firmware 5.0 and keep the new version for 5.1.X if this problem is a firmware-related issue)?
Please let me know ASAP as I am in the middle of an install. Thanks for any help you can provide on this.