Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Hardware Review: Car/Droid Double Din All In One Car Multimedia System

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, United States
    Posts
    204
    i'm hoping to see a lot more android implimentation into the dash at CES this year as well, i've been keeping close tabs on this for a while. it almost seems like they are running an emulated android on top of a windows CE platform. one company i've been keeping tabs on is "dynavin" they have created several android head units, mostly for BMW 3 series but have a few other applications as well now. definately pricey but against other top of the line navigation head units i'd consider them a bargain. i'll have to look them up on the registry and see if they are going to be at the show

  2. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    I didn't even get to the head unit portion as I had so many problems with the tablet. I tried to do the factory restore, but I couldn't (I don't remember the error, but it was something like it needed the SD card inserted with the original image). No, all units ship with that stupid "I love you" screen and the manufacturer said it cannot be removed. But that's an example of how immature this company is. Even if you're technical, this is not a device that's worth it at this time, especially if there are problems.

  3. #13
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by fantommoe View Post
    I've never seen this unit before. I'm still waiting for a review on these http://ca-fi.com/en/ . I can't wait to get a price on the ca-fi 701200.
    my first reaction--

    interface looks a whole lot nicer-- clean graphics throughout-- though they are only demo screens, and not a video of actual operation--once i see a video, that should be a tell-tale sign of if this is true or not.. in bybytes demo video of the unit in this thread, i could see some lag on what i assume to be a fresh unit-- i think i remember commenting on it in the past about how that could only lead to problems later on once the unit has been broken in after a couple of weeks...

    the 701200 has a 1.2ghz cpu, which should allow it to be a little snappier..

  4. #14
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, United States
    Posts
    204
    wow that unit does look pretty slick, looks like they released the lower end unit back on the 1st of this month for $799, compared to most propietary nav units that's not too bad, hopefully the sound quality lives up to expectation. i checked to see if they would be making a appearance at CES but it doesn't look like it, i also digged for some video footage but that was a no go as well. too bad i would like to see this in action. if my streak 7 install doesn't go well i might take a dive and check it out although i'd like to see the price of the higher end unit.

  5. #15
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by zr2ee View Post
    wow that unit does look pretty slick, looks like they released the lower end unit back on the 1st of this month for $799, compared to most propietary nav units that's not too bad, hopefully the sound quality lives up to expectation. i checked to see if they would be making a appearance at CES but it doesn't look like it, i also digged for some video footage but that was a no go as well. too bad i would like to see this in action. if my streak 7 install doesn't go well i might take a dive and check it out although i'd like to see the price of the higher end unit.
    assuming you can get the streak mounted is a million times faster than the car/droid tablet. It's not even close. I have a streak so I know lol.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  6. #16
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    You know whats funny, is that us car pc people know better. The standard enduser though may be all over this, just because it has the word Android in it. Now what Bybyte should have done is allow us to plug our own Android devices into the unit. Then it all pops up onto a fixed 7 inch touchscreen and is controlled from there. To control the Radio aspect of the device, I simply download a simple app from the market. That would have made much more sense and maybe lowered the price a bit since its the phone that will be doing most of the work.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  7. #17
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    You know whats funny, is that us car pc people know better. The standard enduser though may be all over this, just because it has the word Android in it. Now what Bybyte should have done is allow us to plug our own Android devices into the unit. Then it all pops up onto a fixed 7 inch touchscreen and is controlled from there. To control the Radio aspect of the device, I simply download a simple app from the market. That would have made much more sense and maybe lowered the price a bit since its the phone that will be doing most of the work.
    The car PC community knew VIA Epia motherboards sucked too but it didnt stop the majority from suffering through them years and years ago lol. This device isn't a total lost cause. Hopefully its a stepping stone to something better.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  8. #18
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    The car PC community knew VIA Epia motherboards sucked too but it didnt stop the majority from suffering through them years and years ago lol. This device isn't a total lost cause. Hopefully its a stepping stone to something better.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, that is so true. That was because a lot of people that started wanted to be cheap. I know I was a victum of VIA. I had the M10000. I remember the day when I tried to show off my Car PC to my Mom and the thing blue screened on me. She looked at me and camly said, "this is the $h!+ you wasted your money on". My Mom is very blunt, just like me, so you guys know where I get it. After that blue screen the thing acted so retarded. Then I went to a Kino AMD based board, and it worked ok until the BIOS acted stupid. Now I am on the car pc install with two computers in it. Wow though, if I could go back in time I would have avoided VIA.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  9. #19
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, United States
    Posts
    204
    HiJackZX1


    You know whats funny, is that us car pc people know better. The standard enduser though may be all over this, just because it has the word Android in it. Now what Bybyte should have done is allow us to plug our own Android devices into the unit. Then it all pops up onto a fixed 7 inch touchscreen and is controlled from there. To control the Radio aspect of the device, I simply download a simple app from the market. That would have made much more sense and maybe lowered the price a bit since its the phone that will be doing most of the work.
    actually i looked up customgadz website the other day and they are getting close to releasing their Mimics for android so we may not be too far off from that. they even have a video, about $170 for the kit i believe. so now the controversy comes down to, dedicated android nav unit or mimics standalone? considering the fact you would have to get a new HDMI dock every time you got a new phone....and that phone would have to have HDMI, plus the fact you would be without anything if you didn't have your phone with you and would have to plug it in every time you got in your car.

  10. #20
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    DOnt most phones have HDMI or some adapter to give it an HDMI port. My EVO has a mini HDMI.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hardware Review: Connect2Car Anywhere G2 vehicle security system
    By Sonicxtacy02 in forum Mp3Car Blog Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 09:17 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 12:59 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •