We would like to know from all forum members:
What are the top 5 products and software programs (may be both) that forum members have produced. Which have been the most useful or interesting?
And let's just say of all time as I am unsure if this has been asked before. We appreciate all comments or pm me...if you don't want to publicly post.
In no particular order:
1) Fusion Brain
2) ObdLink (Does that count? He's a forum member afterall)
3) RevFE (C'mon, I HAVE to.)
4) XPort (Only because it works great for so many other people than I)
I'll think of more and edit later
"stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
Have to look at what I use.
1. RoadRunner (Not RideRunner)
4. TMS by RobbyBMW
5. PDC by RobbyBMW
1. Road Runner community development
2. FreeDrive esp v.1.06
3. Fusion Brain/ RRFusion combo
4. USB TPMS
HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327
1. LinuxICE <-- Come on, it's a friggen OS!
3. Fusion Brain
LinuxICE may not be as useful as Roadrunner (yet). But because it's a self contained OS with near limitless potential, I think it's by far the most ambitious project in this forum. To illustrate it's scope, 1-5 on every single person's list before my post is encompassed in the LinuxICE project.
Also note, LinuxICE isn't my brainchild, it was born by the mp3car community. I just believe in it and work on it.
Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.
1. Road Runner. I think this piece of software truly jump started the carpc scene. Finally something that can replace the radio and is usable. I cant believe I used to run an oversized winamp skin + a clock widget on the standard XP desktop before I found out about RR. Huge community support, looks great, lots of customizability yet you dont need to be a rocket scientist to use it. Even though I use CF now, I have to say RR is by far the best free front end hands down and will probably be the best for years to come. The huge user community for RR speaks for itself.
2. Serial port shutdown controller. I dont think anyone uses this anymore, but before I had a DC-DC, this neat utility made my bulky inverter based carpc feasible.
3. Fusion Brain
4. FreeICE. Not sure what happened to this FE, but it had alot of potential.
1. Gotta agree with Kev on LinuxICE as it is a true community developed OS for in car computing. I'd subtract points only for it not being as full featured -yet.
2. Old-school is Frodoplayer. Talk about the early standard!
3. Fusion Brain
Each one is a community developed slice of problem solving heaven.
1) OpenMobile (if we are counting in-development prodocts/software as well)
2) Fusion Brain (come on, so much potential and uses there)
3) LinuxICE (i have tons of respect for anything Linux based)
4 and 5...not sure yet...may edit later
Note: My first vote is not because I am working on it, but because I truly believe the vision of Justchat_1 for the software he is developing for this community, using this communities support. Anything opensource gets my vote.
And if I could create an award for most relative poster to these boards, a poster who strives to further the capabilities of others, and to educate others, I would have to once again go with Justchat_1. And a honourable mention to the lovely Heather, for always being such a help to me and to others on these boards.
Thats my $0.02...or $0.10 seeing as how long this is...
- Project: Unified Car Control
- Original OpenMobile Interface Designer