Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 357

Thread: Problems with new Forum? Post Here!

  1. #11
    Antenna Engineer
    Auto Apps:loading...
    optikalefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    86
    your reputation is those green bars above your image. You have 5/10 it looks like.
    The new post search - thats the option in the nav bar? you hit that and it let you select which sub forums to be included? or is that not the section your talking about?

    Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMP3 View Post
    The prior version had a way to select which sub forums would show up in a new post search, could you point me to that feature in this version? This was a big help and will be a deal breaker for me if not in the new version.

    I am not able to find where to view my feedback/reputation. Am I missing it?

    Cheers

  2. #12
    Self proclaimed spoon feeder TruckinMP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by optikalefx View Post
    your reputation is those green bars above your image. You have 5/10 it looks like.
    The new post search - thats the option in the nav bar? you hit that and it let you select which sub forums to be included? or is that not the section your talking about?
    Not it on both, we used to be able exclude sub forums from a new post search by changing settings for our user control panel.

    The feedback I was asking about is the comments left by other users, also was viewable in our user CP.
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

    Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

    Read the FAQ!

  3. #13
    Antenna Engineer
    Auto Apps:loading...
    optikalefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMP3 View Post
    Not it on both, we used to be able exclude sub forums from a new post search by changing settings for our user control panel.

    The feedback I was asking about is the comments left by other users, also was viewable in our user CP.
    Im looking into the search question - that may have been a plugin i need to find for the new version. I had missed importing the visitor message table, i've done that now. so it should be back soon. Although i searched the raw database and you don't have any visitor messages?

  4. #14
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Looks great, will take a little bit to get used to where everything is again.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  5. #15
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    maybe i am missing it, but is there a user-specific setting to turn the little page icon on new posts yellow? like what the older version did?(oh crap, i just did what i wish my customers didn't do-- feel free to roll your eyes and laugh..) and is there a spot that i can turn off the links to the wiki?

  6. #16
    Self proclaimed spoon feeder TruckinMP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,742
    Cool on the plug-in, When users leave reputation, the message they type was readable in user CP, not asking about visitor messages... way to facebook for me, not fan.
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

    Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

    Read the FAQ!

  7. #17
    Antenna Engineer
    Auto Apps:loading...
    optikalefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
    maybe i am missing it, but is there a user-specific setting to turn the little page icon on new posts yellow? like what the older version did?(oh crap, i just did what i wish my customers didn't do-- feel free to roll your eyes and laugh..) and is there a spot that i can turn off the links to the wiki?
    Im gonna see if we can kill the stupid words like "about" but i think if its correct it cool be cool to have some words wikid. plus it will encourage people to use it more. maybe

  8. #18
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    wiki links throughout every post-- every time someone types "about", for example, it is a link to "about road runner"... really annoying for me-- i run my mouse along certain members posts to keep track of where i am...
    I would have to agree, could be make an opt in the user CP? I dislike it any time I have to read something on a site and keep getting interrupted with the mouse over pop-ups.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  9. #19
    Antenna Engineer
    Auto Apps:loading...
    optikalefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
    I would have to agree, could be make an opt in the user CP? I dislike it any time I have to read something on a site and keep getting interrupted with the mouse over pop-ups.
    what if i train it better? Like now the word about and forums arent linked. Idk if it becomes super annoying i can kill it. Or i can work on making it user configurable. Maybe it isn't too hard to figure that out.

    But for now - ive made it a bit smarter. again, if it sucks too much ill kill it.

  10. #20
    Antenna Engineer
    Auto Apps:loading...
    optikalefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
    I would have to agree, could be make an opt in the user CP? I dislike it any time I have to read something on a site and keep getting interrupted with the mouse over pop-ups.
    Can you post me the exact link to your usercp?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •