Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 95

Thread: Inappropriate Closure

  1. #61
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by eCar™
    My God, no.

    Armen does not deserve to be reported to the BBB.

    Please calm down and think twice first, at least.
    Why. What are those dogs gunna do. Shake their fingers at him and say don't do it again

  2. #62
    Banned NightHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    417

    Cool Indefense of the Client, DigitalWW

    Allthough I am not a member, employee or have any affiliation with DigitalWW. I do know that this guy busts his *** daily to make sure his customers are satisfied. If there is a problem with the supplier obviously there is no product to be sold. When you place an order with digitallWW, same with me on my website, Your card does not get charged until the item is ready to ship. This is actually a Visa / Mastercard policy. If you do get charged for an item and it is not shipped with in 48 hours the credit card merchant normally wont even release the funds to you.
    Understand this, if you place an order with a company (any company) it may get cancelled due to stocking issues. This may not be as common with huge retailers but it does even happen with them. I worked at a best buy for a few years and items were not allways in stock when people wanted them, so they would place an order for it so when it came in they could just go pick it up. Well sometimes orders fall through and the customers order gets cancelled. It happens and it happens alot.
    With a smaller company, This may happen more often. Because like armen, gain may have higher priority customers. Customers that have made past orders or multiple orders at once. Of course companies are going to cater to an established customer before new ones.
    Anyway what I am trying to say. Give the man a chance. If you order a screen, email him afterwards asking for a shipment date. After that wait. If it is not answered in a week, call or email him again. Dont let him forget that your interested, but dont ***** about an order that you havent even paid for.
    Small rant but defense is necessary.
    To close this note, I would like to say "Wow what a group of mysteriously angry people."

  3. #63
    Maximum Bitrate SjLucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Posts
    750
    Ahhh **** It

    I would come up with something clever to say but screw it. you people arnt worth it.

    Arman is the ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by menudude View Post
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

  4. #64
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,613
    Quote Originally Posted by dug1967
    Boy you dug yourself a hole dug.... (by the way that was funny, I am still laughing over that pun)

    Sorry, it was toooooo good an opportunity to resist.



    However I think you are being a bit pedantic about which thread you said "DigitalWW is a waste of your time and money.....” I think digitalww's main complaint with you is that you said it without even having any personal dealings with him. It doesn't really matter which thread you said it in.

    Now I've only been on this board since September last year.But I have seen a number of these threads pop up, which is not a bad thing in itself, if the people concerned are having trouble getting hold of Armen, but I think it's a bit much of people who have had no dealings with him jumping on the bandwagon. At least this is another way you can contact him, unlike other companies where there is no public forum they frequent.

    However I do agree with the people who claim about lack of feedback, that is an issue, obviously armen can't control his suppliers, but keeping people informed and returning E-mails would make it easier for both him and his customers.



    Oh yeah I agree about the 'three sheets to the wind' where I come from it definitely means drunk.



    Oh yeah, to be pedantic I actually said "I thing dug has dug himself a hole" not "Boy you dug yourself a hole dug.... "

  5. #65
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,680

    Unhappy I Don't Want Start It All Again How Ever I Think This Needs To Be Said

    Quote Originally Posted by eCar™
    My God, no.

    Armen does not deserve to be reported to the BBB.

    Please calm down and think twice first, at least.
    OK a few observations... I say this as a) been a long standing member here I feel I have some right to do so and b) I have personal experince with Armen

    1) How come those complaining have such a low post count ( well most ) - eXentric has 6 as I post this and has been around less than a month
    2) Things happern - once in while problems occur. Come on can every one tell me nothing has ever happerned with a supplier else where ? Like going in the shop to find they have no bread etc - do you suddley get on to a shop keepers forum ranting and raving
    3) Even if it did ( which reading Armen 1st post I am not convinced it did ) - Sh@t happerns. Deal with it.
    4) I have dealt with Armen on several occasions and even been 3000 miles away NEVER had any problem - in fact I was always kept informed etc. Because of that I glady advertise a link from my site to his in the main part of my site and recommend any one who asks me where to go ( Out side the EU ).

    I would not be posting if I did not feel that some one spoke up for Arman - another long standing member here - who I know in the past has helped others here and even had specific requests and offers on threds here.

    Cut the guy some slack - if there are problems I am sure they can be worked through how ever don't rant and rave until you have the right to..

    Thats all I'm going to say now..

    ( Shish.. go away for a month and the place goes to h@ll.... this is a forum, a community.... lets all be friends and work together at making this place safe and friendly for others - do you all want people to turn away after reading such posts as the one that started this thred ? )

    Terran

  6. #66
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsnet
    Because of that I glady advertise a link from my site to his in the main part of my site and recommend any one who asks me where to go ( Out side the EU ).
    Oh, and by the way - I don't get any money for it nor do I get discounts - I simpley think he has done well for me...

    Terran

  7. #67
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsnet
    1) How come those complaining have such a low post count ( well most ) - eXentric has 6 as I post this and has been around less than a month
    What exactly does this have to do with anything. Since you specifically mentioned a persons name on here I will take him as an example. Yes he only has 6 posts but if you actually took the time to read his post in this thread you will see that he was actually doing business with Armen at the time of his so called RANTING and Armen was failing to contact him like he was with many others. But either way I still fail to see what this has to do with anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by ccsnet
    2) Things happern - once in while problems occur. Come on can every one tell me nothing has ever happerned with a supplier else where ? Like going in the shop to find they have no bread etc - do you suddley get on to a shop keepers forum ranting and raving
    Going to a store and finding out that they are sold out of a product is something totally different than placing an order on a website only to find out they don't have anything to sell you when they told you they did. If you don't have the product to sell then its an easy thing to change your website to say that the item is out of stock. And again, the shop owner being a member of a forum has absolutly nothing to do with how well they are able to run their business. Face it, some can do it very well and others, well others just plain suck at it. But either way, just because they are a member of a board I may frequent doesn't mean they are going to get special treatment from me.


    Quote Originally Posted by ccsnet
    3) Even if it did ( which reading Armen 1st post I am not convinced it did ) - Sh@t happerns. Deal with it.
    If they want my money then no I won't deal with it. I won't put up with substandard service from any company I do business with. If they can't give me first class service then I will and do take my money elsewhere. Plain and simple. But if you want substandard service then you go ahead and put up with bad service. Thats your right. But its my right not to have to deal with it and I won't.


    Quote Originally Posted by ccsnet
    4) I have dealt with Armen on several occasions and even been 3000 miles away NEVER had any problem - in fact I was always kept informed etc. Because of that I glady advertise a link from my site to his in the main part of my site and recommend any one who asks me where to go ( Out side the EU ).
    I am glad that you got that kind of service from him. But not everyone has gotten that kind of service from him. Course I wonder if the service he gave you is up to my standards since your idea of good service and my idea of good service seem to be two completly different things. But it seems that there are more than a few people on here that think that good communication and fullfilling your promises the first time around are a part of giving good customer service.


    Quote Originally Posted by ccsnet
    Cut the guy some slack - if there are problems I am sure they can be worked through how ever don't rant and rave until you have the right to..
    No I won't cut the guy some slack. Like I said before. I hold all merchants to the same standards and if you can't meet those standards then I will tell as many people as I can. And they will have to be the ones that deal with it not me. If you are a small business then you have to live up to the standards that the large chains do. If you can't then you won't get my money.

    I stopped being amazed at what people will put up with just because they bought from a merchant that comes on the same forum that they are a member off. Its pretty stupid that people will put up with bad service or tell other people to put up with bad service just because they are a member of a internet forum. This is just another way that word of mouth advertising is done. In fact this reaches alot more people than traditional word of mouth advertising can so you would think that the merchants on these forums would be bending over backwards for members of this forum because of the amount of people that can be reached on these forums.

  8. #68
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHunter
    Allthough I am not a member, employee or have any affiliation with DigitalWW. I do know that this guy busts his *** daily to make sure his customers are satisfied. If there is a problem with the supplier obviously there is no product to be sold. When you place an order with digitallWW, same with me on my website, Your card does not get charged until the item is ready to ship. This is actually a Visa / Mastercard policy. If you do get charged for an item and it is not shipped with in 48 hours the credit card merchant normally wont even release the funds to you.
    Understand this, if you place an order with a company (any company) it may get cancelled due to stocking issues. This may not be as common with huge retailers but it does even happen with them. I worked at a best buy for a few years and items were not allways in stock when people wanted them, so they would place an order for it so when it came in they could just go pick it up. Well sometimes orders fall through and the customers order gets cancelled. It happens and it happens alot.
    With a smaller company, This may happen more often. Because like armen, gain may have higher priority customers. Customers that have made past orders or multiple orders at once. Of course companies are going to cater to an established customer before new ones.
    Anyway what I am trying to say. Give the man a chance. If you order a screen, email him afterwards asking for a shipment date. After that wait. If it is not answered in a week, call or email him again. Dont let him forget that your interested, but dont ***** about an order that you havent even paid for.
    Small rant but defense is necessary.
    To close this note, I would like to say "Wow what a group of mysteriously angry people."
    Thankyou for confirming that you own a company I would never do business with. Wait a week for an answer to a question. I don't even think so. There is absolutly no reason it should take a week to respond to a question. If your too lazy to respond to questions from your customers then you can't really say someone is busting there *** because they aren't doing what it takes to get the job done. Only part of good service is delivering your product on time and as advertised. Which he can't do to begin with from what people are saying.

    Don't even try and BS people about their orders getting cancelled alot because of stocking issues. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I used to work for best buy for a couple of years too and never saw an order get cancelled because of stocking issues. So don't lie to these people. Sorry but if your supplier can't come through for you then that makes you look bad and thats your fault. Your the one that continues to do business with that supplier knowing that they don't come through for you on a regular basis. So don't blame the supplier. Its your own fault for staying with that supplier in the first place instead of getting a new one.

    And if a business wants my business then they will treat me the same as every other customer. I don't care if I am a first time customer or a small repeat customer. Treat every customer the same. In fact you should bend over backwards for those first time customers because if they don't like your service they will go somewhere else and tell others that your service is poor because they don't have any other experiences to go by. So if you put a first time customer at the bottom of the list because he is a first time customer then thats just plain bad business practices.

    And as for a CC not being charged when the order is placed. A business better not charge my CC if they can't fullfill the order. But if you do take my order and promise a 1 to 4 day lead time and can't deliver for whatever reason then I have every right to be mad. I placed an order and it was promised to me in a certain time frame. If you can't put up its time to shut up. If you say from the start that your out of stock of an item and don't know when you will get it in and I place the order anyway. Then thats my problem and I don't have a right to complain. But Armen isn't doing that. He is taking orders and promising a date that he knows he can't deliver by so why shouldn't a person have the right to be mad. Because he is a member of this forum? Because he is a mom and pop shop? Get real. If you can't deliver then don't promise and there won't be a problem.

    Do what it takes and don't make excuses and your business will be better.

  9. #69
    Variable Bitrate Banderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    425
    Omg this is just getting annoying!

    Look, bottom line is that most people that buy from Armin heard about him on this forum. That also means that doing a little research will give you info on what it's like to do business with him.

    The way I see it, you have the following options:

    If you order from Aarmen you know that you'll get it eventually, it'll be cheap, tested, and functional... and if not, he'll fix it for you.

    If you can't wait and want it fast you can pay a lot more and go elsewhere.

    If you want it cheap and fast, order on ebay... but then there's a good chance it'll have dead pixels or burn-ins or other crap, and you'll have to send it away to Hong Kong to get it fixed... a lot of time and more money lost in the long run. Or it might work perfectly: lucky you!


    Armin has a lot of business, and I'm pretty sure most of it is from this forum. Since I hear only a few complaints, I can conclude that most people are happy with what they get from him.

    I personally can afford to wait a bit when I order my screen, and I don't want to have to deal with the hassles of getting a broken piece of crap. So when I do order it, it'll be from him. After weighing all the facts, for me it works. Others might not have the time to sit around and be patient, and they're welcome to go order from elsewhere.

    Do what it takes and don't make excuses and your business will be better.
    His business seems to be doing rather well. In fact, it's because his business is doing so well that this problem exists in the first place.

    Personaly, I think it's time to let this thread die and just get on with things already. It's very annoying to see an active war on the forums like this.

  10. #70
    Hosting Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    558
    I'm tired of this thread
    -- WireSix, Inc. --
    MP3Car Lives Here!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •