Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95

Thread: Inappropriate Closure

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    27

    Exclamation Inappropriate Closure

    I would like to express my disgust at a recent thread closure. Although admittedly the thread was very negative tone and a lot of ‘bashing’ was going on, it served a purpose. That purpose was to warn fellow car computer shoppers about the terrible customer service provided by a well-known vendor in the market.

    I believe the ideals of this form should include the ability of its members to praise good purchase experiences and the equal ability to warn about bad ones. Take a moment to search and you will find several threads where users are extremely adamant about the displays they own and the ways in which they are better then any another. Those threads also got heated, but they were mainly objective threads in which members expressed pride (or distaste) in the products they have bought. The same open discussion about vendor services should be allowed to continue just as un-obstructed in my opinion, even if there aren’t as many members defending a service as there are let down by it.

    The thread was closed by an administrator with the sentence “If you have an issue email him and he will take care of it”. The problem with posting that and then immediately closing the thread is that the administrator attempted to reverse the entire message of the thread and then ensure that there was no rebuttal. The whole reason for the thread, in fact, was that that this vendor has a tendency not to reply to e-mails. I for one cannot figure out why any administrator would want to stifle such a warning, unless there was some sort of personal (or monetary) connection with the vendor.

    You may close this thread now too, but if you respect the members on this board I would ask that you leave it open for their comments.

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate eCar™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by eXentric
    ...unless there was some sort of personal (or monetary) connection with the vendor...
    Bingo.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    10

    Wasn't that the initial problem?

    The moderator closed the thread and stated "If you have an issue email him and he will take care of it”. From reading the thread, the problem is that he doesn't return emails. I am currently looking for a REPUTABLE dealer of in-dash screens, and come to this forum for advice. I would like to know where people have had success buying their equipment, and other people's prior experiences with a dealer are important. Frankly, the fact that he doesn't return emails after 2 months worries me. I believe an open forum should be a place where people can express either their satisfaction or disgust. JMHO, of course.

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    That thread was not closed to stop anybody from talking about their experience. It was closed because some were taking things out of proportion. It is absolutely OK to start similar threads if you have or are dealing with the vendor. In this case forum serves a great purpose because it lets you know of potential disasters. But if you (some of you) have never deal with the vendor (me) then how can you have so much to say about me.

    Dragon started a thread because he couldn’t get a hold of me for a few days. I could get back to him right away however I did get his order shipped (2 days before his post). By the time I got back to him the package was already in his country. There no problem here

    Terrastudios, also placed an order with me and we were in contact during the process. I told him that there will be a small delay while I get my order I also told him that I would ship as soon as I get it. He emailed me a few times between my email and Dragons post and I couldn’t get back to him right away. Also I still didn’t have the part to ship him so he still would have to wait. I got the part finally and his order will go out today. There is no problem here.

    You (eXentric) placed an order for DWW-7VGA and couldn’t contact me. I’ve been experiencing problems with my supplier (Gain). They always promise me to ship on a certain day and it turns out to be weeks or even months later. I pay for my order in full and have to sit and wait for my shipment. When I promise a shipping date or give lead time, it is always based on the dates Gain gives me. As you can see they are often are wrong and I end up breaking my promise to you. However unlike me you didn’t have a penny of your money taken out of you account. This is very important because I don’t drag you into the waiting game with me financially. You always have an option to cancel or change your order. I updated everybody who placed an order for DWW-7VGA a few times during the waiting period. I finally got my parts so I emailed everybody a final update and all orders will be shipped shortly. I got back with you and you were able to change your order and in the end were satisfied with the transaction. There is no problem here.

    Before I got back to everybody NightHunter tried reassuring you guys that I will get back to you and you will not be burned. He said that I might be a little busy. Right away someone (arkadiyp) has to twist the words into something like this: “How the hell is busy an excuse?!? If you are too busy to run a business don't run it, plain and simple. If you cannot fulfill an order don't take it. It is very easy to make an excuse for someone, it is rather hard to run a reputable business.”

    I am not busy playing golf, I am busy with the business. Most of you know that Digital WorldWide, Inc. is a one man operation. I have been working like this for several years and it is busy all the time here. Some of you even have your own businesses so you can relate. I have thousands of customers and I like to consider that I helped a lot of you as well as left you satisfied with your experiences. NightHunter wasn’t making an excuse for me, he was just trying to explain what is the real reason for my slow response.

    Then Dug (never dealt with me) added a few more coments and from that point on, it all just blows out of proportion. If someone new comes along and reads a thread like that they will get the filling that by dealing with me they will get burned and lose their money. Here is an example (Touchscreen...built in or seperate?).

    Arkadiyp answers a new guy with a question about touch screens with a “I don't know about quality of either way, but you have to ask yourself if you want to bother with applying it yourself. Also as a sidenote carefull with digitalww, according to recent threads the guy has a tendency to fall off a face of the earth for extended periods of time.”

    You (arkadiyp) mislead him in everything you said. Both Lilliput and Xenarc monitors use the same kits as you can order on our website. You can add a touch screen to any monitor, both VGA and Composite. People have been doing this for years. Try not to answer if you don’t really know. Also I don’t “fall off a face of the earth for extended periods of time”. This is just not true and you are misleading him again.

    Later in the tread Dug comes in again and has more BS to say about me – “DigitalWW is a waste of your time and money.....” Not true. I will not take your money unless I have something to send you in return. I make sure I stick to this policy everyday.

    I also prioritize my time. First come customers that paid and are waiting for the products or if they have issues with products they already bought or need help in any other way. Only after I do that I work with new customers. My days are packed with things to do from the morning all the way to midnight. I drop of packages at FedEx and USPS offices everyday. I answer emails every day as well as some of the phone calls. I also spend a lot time building new products. This is another reason for why people speak highly of me. A lot of the products have my personal touch. When there was not a lot of touch screens around I started caring touch screen kits and adding them to monitors. When there were no VGA in-dash products a made them myself. I already have them available in 2 different versions while gain is still working on their motorized version.

    The only way to get burned with the purchase you make with me is to not insure your package. Shipping is the only aspect of my business that I can’t control.

    I am sorry for the rant but I will only be able to do this once because this takes me away from my work.

    Armen

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalww
    .......
    Before I got back to everybody NightHunter tried reassuring you guys that I will get back to you and you will not be burned. He said that I might be a little busy. Right away someone (arkadiyp) has to twist the words into something like this: “How the hell is busy an excuse?!? If you are too busy to run a business don't run it, plain and simple. If you cannot fulfill an order don't take it. It is very easy to make an excuse for someone, it is rather hard to run a reputable business.”

    I am not busy playing golf, I am busy with the business. Most of you know that Digital WorldWide, Inc. is a one man operation. I have been working like this for several years and it is busy all the time here. Some of you even have your own businesses so you can relate. I have thousands of customers and I like to consider that I helped a lot of you as well as left you satisfied with your experiences. NightHunter wasn’t making an excuse for me, he was just trying to explain what is the real reason for my slow response.
    It does not really matter what the hell you are busy with, or if GAIN is messing with you, or your cat is sick - you can't fulfill your obligations at least notify the customers, don't ignore them. NightHunter really cannot offer explanations on your behalf since he is not part of DigitalWW.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalww
    Arkadiyp answers a new guy with a question about touch screens with a “I don't know about quality of either way, but you have to ask yourself if you want to bother with applying it yourself. Also as a sidenote carefull with digitalww, according to recent threads the guy has a tendency to fall off a face of the earth for extended periods of time.”

    You (arkadiyp) mislead him in everything you said. Both Lilliput and Xenarc monitors use the same kits as you can order on our website. You can add a touch screen to any monitor, both VGA and Composite. People have been doing this for years. Try not to answer if you don’t really know. Also I don’t “fall off a face of the earth for extended periods of time”. This is just not true and you are misleading him again.
    I did not mislead him in any way, he does have to consider if he wants to do it himself or get a premade one. I don't know if there is a quality difference between doing it yourself and premade ones. And you were missing for an extended period of time. So where exactly did I mislead him?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalww
    I also prioritize my time. First come customers that paid and are waiting for the products or if they have issues with products they already bought or need help in any other way. Only after I do that I work with new customers.
    How about putting that on your site as a policy, so people will know that their first order will be ignored for a while.

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    219
    arkadiyp, i just want to let you know, that when you are running a business as big as armen, with only one person, it gets hectectic, he is getting tons of orders every day, now you say "It does not really matter what the hell you are busy with, or if GAIN is messing with you, or your cat is sick - you can't fulfill your obligations at least notify the customers, don't ignore them. NightHunter really cannot offer explanations on your behalf since he is not part of DigitalWW.".
    as far as i know, armen has notified people when ever this has happened or people have called, if you think you could do a better job then armen, then got of you lazy *** and open a business, and then talk.
    i personally own a best-western, and even with about 15 employee's it can get hectic. So please before trying to dog on someone, think before you speak and type, because it takes years to build a reputation, and it only takes second's for someone to slaughter it.

    later

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by faiz_23
    as far as i know, armen has notified people when ever this has happened or people have called, if you think you could do a better job then armen, then got of you lazy *** and open a business, and then talk.
    i personally own a best-western, and even with about 15 employee's it can get hectic. So please before trying to dog on someone, think before you speak and type, because it takes years to build a reputation, and it only takes second's for someone to slaughter it.

    later
    The threads that I replied to mentioned not able to find armen. Also if you haven't noticed I have never engaged in personal attacks, just business practices. Your "lazy ***" comment on the other hand is a personal attack. Do you know what I do? NO! I don't know what a best-western is, but with an attitude like that I hope its not customer oriented.

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    219
    well, the way you came off, sounded like you were dogging on armen, i apologize if i offended you, but i just don't like it when people take a small problem and make a huge deal about it, a person like armen will not take 500 dollars and runaway with it, he makes way more than that. By the way best western is a huge hotel chain in the us, canada mexico and some other parts of the world. www.bestwestern.com.

    sorry again, to offend you.

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by faiz_23
    well, the way you came off, sounded like you were dogging on armen, i apologize if i offended you, but i just don't like it when people take a small problem and make a huge deal about it, a person like armen will not take 500 dollars and runaway with it, he makes way more than that. By the way best western is a huge hotel chain in the us, canada mexico and some other parts of the world. www.bestwestern.com.

    sorry again, to offend you.
    I got nothing against armen, I only commented (once again commented) that not responding to phone and e-mail is not a healthy practice and if it is his business he should take care of it. I never accused him of stealing money from people. I just warned that placing an order may result in a long wait time with no communication from him, which he himself confirmed several posts up. So lets not turn it into an attack against me.

  10. #10
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by faiz_23
    well, the way you came off, sounded like you were dogging on armen, i apologize if i offended you, but i just don't like it when people take a small problem and make a huge deal about it, a person like armen will not take 500 dollars and runaway with it, he makes way more than that. By the way best western is a huge hotel chain in the us, canada mexico and some other parts of the world. www.bestwestern.com.

    sorry again, to offend you.
    I'm glad that you think lack of communication and an inability to deliver your product as promised are small problems. And maybe to Best Western they are small problems.

    But I demand timely replies and updates about my orders from the businesses I do business with. And when a company know matter what the size is shows they can't give me that service then I won't buy from them. I don't care if its a mom and pop shop or a company as big as Best Western(which is the reason I don't stay at Best Western anymore). If you can't deliver as promised then you better let me know as soon as you know and why. And suppliers problems aren't my concern. If your suppliers continually don't come through for you then its time to find new suppliers. And being to busy isn't an excuse either. If you can't handle the workload then either get more people or don't take the orders. Plain and simple.

    And your right. It does take years to build a reputation and only seconds to destroy it. But what you don't seem to understand is that its not the consumer who wrecks a persons reputation its the business owner himself who ruins his reputation by not delivering as promised.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •