Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: My Thread is back. (Stuff cut from WiredWxs thread and moved here)

  1. #21
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
    I don't get it. Not that I'm complaining, but why would these threads be a problem in just regular OT. There all off topic.

    Maybe I'm being thick headed tonight, or maybe its the mary jane, I don't know.
    I feel
    Read all of this again when you wake up in the morning and see if you get it
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  2. #22
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,164
    i'm definitely sitting here and missing something...

    So i can sit here and flame anyone i want? Even you, xBrady? This sounds like something WiredWRX would do...are you sure you weren't drinking or just had really good sex? Cause i just had really good sex and i would probably do something like this if i had the power....and bring back rep points
    Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

    THE GF THEME
    Genesis has speed
    Genesis has class
    Genesis sent money
    before your a__;)

    Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    like a thread of where to buy babies from china?
    No, because that would be illegal. Read the sticky in DOT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesisfactor View Post
    i'm definitely sitting here and missing something...

    So i can sit here and flame anyone i want? Even you, xBrady? This sounds like something WiredWRX would do...are you sure you weren't drinking or just had really good sex? Cause i just had really good sex and i would probably do something like this if i had the power....and bring back rep points
    Yes, you can flame anyone you want in DOT. Two rules: No porn and nothing illegal.

    I sincerely doubt that rep points will come back here at mp3car.com as long as there's a group of members that want to turn it into a popularity club rather than expressing appreciation for the work that members do to enhance this hobby and the community surrounding it.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  5. #25
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,585
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert View Post
    I sincerely doubt that rep points will come back here at mp3car.com as long as there's a group of members that want to turn it into a popularity club rather than expressing appreciation for the work that members do to enhance this hobby and the community surrounding it.
    Just put more limitations on how many reps people can give out within a given period. I mean come on how many people are going to think 10 posts in one day need given reputation.

    If you can only give one rep per day, then it would be kind of tedious and no longer fun to do what we did. Also as I said in another thread, the reps would have to pass through the mods and the reason would have to match the post. And if only one rep per person per day there shouldn't be too much to mod. (oh 1 observation, before a rep can be nullified at least 3 mods have to agree )

  6. #26
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Just put more limitations on how many reps people can give out within a given period. I mean come on how many people are going to think 10 posts in one day need given reputation.

    If you can only give one rep per day, then it would be kind of tedious and no longer fun to do what we did. Also as I said in another thread, the reps would have to pass through the mods and the reason would have to match the post. And if only one rep per person per day there shouldn't be too much to mod. (oh 1 observation, before a rep can be nullified at least 3 mods have to agree )
    I disagree. Your little clique is a more persistent bunch than that.

    Seriously, though. Why is it that your little group feels that any new feature of these forums is something to toy with and abuse rather than use effectively and with purpose? That's the part I don't understand. Maybe I'm getting older and growing up more, but I simply don't see the fun in it.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  7. #27
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,207
    It's kinda like when you get a new car and have to see how fast it'll really go...
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  8. #28
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,585
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert View Post
    I disagree. Your little clique is a more persistent bunch than that.
    That sounds a bit like a backhanded compliment.


    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert View Post
    Seriously, though. Why is it that your little group feels that any new feature of these forums is something to toy with and abuse rather than use effectively and with purpose? That's the part I don't understand. Maybe I'm getting older and growing up more, but I simply don't see the fun in it.
    Ok.

    1. there is no little group per se. The people who participated in the 'rep club' thing were not all people who hang out in my thread and not all the people that normally hang out in My thread participated in the rep club thing.

    2. I think the abusing of the reputation system more more a cause of or reaction to other things that were/are going on in the forum.

  9. #29
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    212
    A Deep Off Topic section? That's an . . . umm, interesting new feature. It seems a little redundant, like having a cage within a cage for all of the zoo creatures.

    Hmmm, maybe it's similar in nature to the reptile house at the zoo.
    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

  10. #30
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    2. I think the abusing of the reputation system more more a cause of or reaction to other things that were/are going on in the forum.
    Well, I haven't been around the forums long enough to be a jaded veteran like some of those here, so for me it was just having a spot of fun.

    From all appearances the rep system wasn't being used anyway as a number of members who contribute huge amounts of time and energy to the CarPC effort, and this forum, had little to no rep.
    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •