I literally just yesterday learned about the "game" Cornhole....up until then, I only knew about the Stern version.
Well tomorrow I have to put my truck back together, wash, wax and check the oil. Then get up Friday at 4:30a.m. and hit the road to come see you guys. I think its about a 10 to 12 hour drive so hopefully I get there alright.
While I am there I do have a secret agenda and I am going to try and get as much of it taken care of in the short amount of time I have. I have been so impressed with my car pc and with what I see here on the forums that I have decided to form a subsidary company off of C&C Customs LLC. This new company will develop a new all in one pc for the general public and for people like you guys. With my contacts I have already landed a manufacture in China to build the PC's. I also already have in my head what it has and looks like (4 models) but need the help of you guys and girls. I am a marketing and selling monster and love to create new products and companies but I am not a programer or engineer.
While I am there I would like to speak to anybody interested in helping me with software, hardware and ideas. No I will not take your work and make millions, if I were to use any hardware or software that was created by anyone other than me you will be given a percentage of every sale:wof: which would all be written up by legal bla bla bla. Basically you have a part in the company which is what I want to happen. There are a couple of you that will be there that I know I want to talk to but other than that I have no clue who anybody there is.
So, please feel free to talk to me and ask questions and let me know if you can contribute. I already know where the others have failed and its a pretty easy solution......just need smarter people than me involved. I will have joint non-disclosure agreements with me for anybody that really wants to talk in depth.
If it was out of line to post this sorry, I just want to make the most of the one day I have there and make some good contacts.:ohwell:
We are all really looking forward to meeting so many forum members. Have a safe drive - all the up to date information on the event is available on the events page.
We have picked out some good places to hang out Friday and Saturday evening before and after the meet up if anyone has time:
Friday evening 6 or so: The Gin Mill 2300 Boston St. Baltimore, MD 21224
Saturday after the meet: Little Havanas (a personal favorite) -1325 Key Hwy Baltimore, MD 21230-3981
At our last meet up i think it was malcolm who told me, when i asked what more we could do, that it would bee cool to have have a national meet-up. This is pretty close...and it only took a few months to make happen.
Also -if anyone has any serious problems, we have listed an emergency contact number on the events page: 410 526-2852 ext. 317
See the events page for the most up to date information. This list will be integrated shortly.
- 8am-11am (11:30am BBQ starts about 2 miles west)
- Bring your ticket. We are almost "sold out" of the free tickets.
- 5 Speakers, 36 minutes allocated to each speaker including setup time.
- 20-30 minutes of presentation, remaining time will be used for Q&A.
- Coffee, Fruit and pastries will be available.
8:00-8:36 am - Vitaliy Maksimov – What is "OBD", anyway?
- What is OBD
- OBD Applications
- Getting at the data
- Future of OBD
- Other Resources & Links to check out
8:36am-9:12am – Cabe Sipes – Experiences in car audio – Installing for an audience
- Mp3car Founder Robert Wray interviews Cabe Sipes about his days at MTV and Rock the Boat
- Audience Q&A
9:12am – 9:48 – Eric Brier - Underserved Computing Markets
- The white-space between mobile handsets and laptop/desktop.
- Designing for environments where a traditional mouse & keyboard are not desirable.
- Alternate Inputs: Touch, Voice, Hardware Button, Remote
- Market Trends: Broadband Connectivity, Convergence, Moore's Law
- New Computing Markets: Auto, Air, Hotels, Boating, Kitchen, Restaurant/Bar, etc
9:48am-10:24 – Mark Miller
- Capacitors, power systems,
- How to get the best car computer sound quality with a budget.
- Things to think about before starting your project or contacting an installer
10:24am-11:00am Silvio Fiorito– Windows Embedded in the mobile environment. What is it (101), tips, tricks, best practices, DIY.
- What is windows embedded, the history, background, architecture
- How to develop a windows embedded image
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Windows embedded
- Other tools and DIY windows embedded
- Performance and reliability optimizations
- Gui Customizations for the OEM look
- XP embed with Solid State disks and USB
- Audience Q/A
[QUOTE=Heather;1336833]We have picked out some good places to hang out Friday and Saturday evening before and after the meet up if anyone has time:
Friday evening 6 or so: [HL]The Gin Mill [/HL]2300 Boston St. Baltimore, MD 21224
Saturday after the meet: Little Havanas (a personal favorite) -1325 Key Hwy Baltimore, MD 21230-3981 QUOTE]
OK, I got here early to surf the web.
I have a "ticket" that I got (free) back in July. "admission and request a tour of the office". It said the event started at 11:30.
Now I'm seeing messages about the speakers starting to speak at 8am and "tickets are going fast".
I honestly don't know where I'm supposed to be...or when. If my car is being judges, where does it need to be...when?
Is the "tour" of the office still happening? If so_ when and where for thsat?
I've been out of town and without PC access all week. I haven't seen any info on this. Anyone? Help!
and the up to date information will be available here:
I will be in baltimore for the whole she-bang... so if ur on the run and need insight on where we are and what we're doin you can shoot me a message on blackberry messenger @ 305CA626