Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 141

Thread: mp3Car CES Meet/Speaker Series - AFK Fest 2 - would you be interested?

  1. #91
    Constant Bitrate meryan00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Got your info, thanks.

    I'm assuming a gang of us will do dinner somewhere NOT at the show Friday or Saturday night.

    Are there any good places to eat in Vegas?

    If we do eat somewhere I just hope its easy to get to, this is my second time in Vegas, but the first time since I turned 21. I suppose it will be a very different experience this time. Well at least I can always hope.

  2. #92
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Got your info, thanks.

    I'm assuming a gang of us will do dinner somewhere NOT at the show Friday or Saturday night.

    Are there any good places to eat in Vegas?
    Funny you should mention that..,.my son-in-law is the executive chef for a place called Martinis. Nice atmosphere, great food and not too expensive. He was a contestant on Top Chef New York and has been a featured Chef on the Food Network. Certain to be great fod and a good time if that's something anyone is interested in. $25-$45 a person. WELL off the strip, but I can probably hook up transportation for those without rental cars.

    Plenty of good places on the strip too, but prices are "tourist" oriented. The infamous 99 cent steak and eggs breakfast is now probably $3.99, and you need to be VERY open on your definition of "steak".

    For a sit-down dinner in a casino steak house, expect to pay $60-80 per person. The buffets run $12-$30 a person and any of the "chains" (Applebee's Macaroni Grill etc) are in the $20-30 range.

    Cheers!
    VegasGuy

  3. #93
    Constant Bitrate meryan00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasGuy View Post
    Funny you should mention that..,.my son-in-law is the executive chef for a place called Martinis. Nice atmosphere, great food and not too expensive. He was a contestant on Top Chef New York and has been a featured Chef on the Food Network. Certain to be great fod and a good time if that's something anyone is interested in. $25-$45 a person. WELL off the strip, but I can probably hook up transportation for those without rental cars.

    Plenty of good places on the strip too, but prices are "tourist" oriented. The infamous 99 cent steak and eggs breakfast is now probably $3.99, and you need to be VERY open on your definition of "steak".

    For a sit-down dinner in a casino steak house, expect to pay $60-80 per person. The buffets run $12-$30 a person and any of the "chains" (Applebee's Macaroni Grill etc) are in the $20-30 range.

    Cheers!
    VegasGuy
    Wow I had no idea food was so expensive, i might just pack a suitcase of food to bring with me. I know that I love to try new places and Martinis sounds nice, but I will be without any personal transportation at all so that limits me to $80 steaks each night...darn

  4. #94
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by meryan00 View Post
    Wow I had no idea food was so expensive, i might just pack a suitcase of food to bring with me. I know that I love to try new places and Martinis sounds nice, but I will be without any personal transportation at all so that limits me to $80 steaks each night...darn
    I didn't mean to scare anyone. Plenty of fast food places and the buffets are all pretty good (depends on the hotel). I would suspect that with a little walking, you could find a nice $30 steak too.

  5. #95
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasGuy View Post
    Funny you should mention that..,.my son-in-law is the executive chef for a place called Martinis. Nice atmosphere, great food and not too expensive. He was a contestant on Top Chef New York and has been a featured Chef on the Food Network. Certain to be great fod and a good time if that's something anyone is interested in. $25-$45 a person. WELL off the strip, but I can probably hook up transportation for those without rental cars.

    Plenty of good places on the strip too, but prices are "tourist" oriented. The infamous 99 cent steak and eggs breakfast is now probably $3.99, and you need to be VERY open on your definition of "steak".

    For a sit-down dinner in a casino steak house, expect to pay $60-80 per person. The buffets run $12-$30 a person and any of the "chains" (Applebee's Macaroni Grill etc) are in the $20-30 range.

    Cheers!
    VegasGuy
    lol didn't know food was so pricey. i even live here hahaha
    i have heard some good things about that martini's place but haven't been there. i believe that chef from martinis used to be a sous chef at roy's but i honestly can not remember him. i didn't work there for too long

  6. #96
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by know_fun View Post
    lol didn't know food was so pricey. i even live here hahaha
    i have heard some good things about that martini's place but haven't been there. i believe that chef from martinis used to be a sous chef at roy's but i honestly can not remember him. i didn't work there for too long
    Hey, you worked at Roy's? Gene Villiatora is my son-in-law and he was indeed the sous chef at Roy's. He's the exec at Martinis now. The Mrs and I did the Charcoal room at Santa Fe Station which is just about as far from the strip as you can get and it was $175 for the two of us. Austins at the Texas is a tad cheaper. I'm not saying you can't find some good deals, but it definitely ain't as cheap as it once was. You go for something like the Rosewood Grill next to the Venetian and those giant lobsters and you'll easily spend $100 a plate.

    On the other hand, Del Taco DOES have the Fiesta Taco Pack for $6.99...always a crowd pleaser!

    VegasGuy

  7. #97
    Constant Bitrate meryan00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    143
    so do we have any more information about this yet, I am leaving town tomm morning and don't ge tto come home before CES, I'm just trying to nail down my schedule

  8. #98
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    278
    OK, so we're really coming down to it now!

    Anyone interested in getting together for dinner Thursday night? Before the craziness of the show kicks in?
    2003 Lexus SC430 - Black with Ecru. VaisTech & NavTool with Centrafuse integrated into factory nav screen (hands-free Bluetooth, Voice Command, mp3's, videos, HD Radio, Sirius Sat. radio, DVD, Internet, & digital gauges (via OBD-II)), & LuxLink module.

  9. #99
    North of the land of Hey Huns
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    2,144
    I'm not gonna get in until late late on Thursday night unfortunately :/


    Hey Greg, when are ya handing out copies of the contact list?
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

  10. #100
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by malcom2073 View Post
    I'm not gonna get in until late late on Thursday night unfortunately :/
    That's ok Mike...the invite I put out there was actually for anyone BUT you.

    Quote Originally Posted by malcom2073 View Post
    Hey Greg, when are ya handing out copies of the contact list?
    It's incomplete...I'm still missing contact info for "kev000" and "atrixstars"...but if I don't hear anything from them by tomorrow afternoon, I'm sending it out incomplete.

    Mike, you want me to send it to your interforce systems e-mail address?

    Also, at some point during the trip, we're all going to have to drunk-dial Sonic in Hawaii!
    2003 Lexus SC430 - Black with Ecru. VaisTech & NavTool with Centrafuse integrated into factory nav screen (hands-free Bluetooth, Voice Command, mp3's, videos, HD Radio, Sirius Sat. radio, DVD, Internet, & digital gauges (via OBD-II)), & LuxLink module.

Similar Threads

  1. Mp3car Waterfront Event - Speaker Series - Mark Miller
    By Fiberoptic in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •