Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131

Thread: Long Island, NY car PC gathering

  1. #91
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    no offence dude

  2. #92
    Raw Wave lostreception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,806
    Just thought of something, the thread does say LI .NY meet so people from outside of the LI area who are from say, upstate ny are alot less likely to click on this thread itself. so the turn out will be limited. thats perfectly fine with me tho we have at present all the "regular" members in attendance and have at least one new one. this i dont think has ever become a popularity contest. and i do like seeing new setups but changing the location too much kind of defeats the purpose of planning this whole thing out. but also if roosevelt field is a better more suited location and we can do that then i say go for it. as anyone else knows i dont have a problem travelling.
    see you all there and if we are going to bbq, be1montpark park will acoomadate that much better than the security guards at roosevelt field (unless there hungy)

    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

    LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

    GPSGasoline- Rewriting

    Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

    iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

    CarPCNetwork

  3. #93
    FLAC alti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,723
    either the mall or the park is fine with me, I already got my way on the date So I will do whatever.
    My Install

    Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

    CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

    StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

  4. #94
    FLAC alti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,723
    rain

    it is still raining.

    I dont think it will ever stop.

    I am going to build a submarine computer.


    and now some Haiku:

    gloomy window pain
    Little bee's fly in the rain
    searching for flowers.


    I swear im not crazy
    My Install

    Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

    CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

    StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

  5. #95
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    yeah... you're alright

  6. #96
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    481

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by alti
    rain

    it is still raining.

    I dont think it will ever stop.

    I am going to build a submarine computer.


    and now some Haiku:

    gloomy window pain
    Little bee's fly in the rain
    searching for flowers.


    I swear im not crazy
    could i have some of that stuff your taking too?

  7. #97
    FLAC alti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Tred
    could i have some of that stuff your taking too?

    NO!!!!!!!!!! MINE!!!!!!! ALL MINE!!!!!!!

    :P
    My Install

    Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

    CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

    StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

  8. #98
    Raw Wave BoyNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Walden, NY
    Posts
    2,115
    the BBQ made it over to New Rochelle. So we can have a bBQ to say goodbye to he summer/fall and hello to winter (damit). With my curent financial status i'd prefer a closer location, but don't decide on a location based on my input. I'll be there anyways... Oh, and don't forget to bring some

  9. #99
    Variable Bitrate StrataG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyNextDoor
    Oh, and don't forget to bring some
    Hope your wife doesn't read these boards with you

    A BBQ sounds good to me, I'd be willing to through in some dough. If it'd be easier I could also just handle drinks and snacks like last time. Just lmk what everyone wants to do. Maybe anyone who can throw in some loot let us know here so we can figure out what we can get and then we'll figure out who's getting what.

    As far as where it's being held, I was thinking as somewhat of a compromise, we could hold it at Eisenhower Park in East Meadow. It would solve a few things:
    1. Further west (closer to the bridges ~30 min, vs ~45 to North Babylon)
    2. Far enough east to make it fairly convenient for most anyone but people in the Hamptons/Montauk area.
    3. Plenty of room
    4. BBQ Friendly
    5. Right by the Meadowbrook Parkway (off the LIE) so easy to get to.
    6. Off of Old Country Rd (close to malls for turbocad and plenty of places to eat if the BBQ doesn't work out or it rains).

  10. #100
    Raw Wave BoyNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Walden, NY
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by StrataG
    Hope your wife doesn't read these boards with you

    A BBQ sounds good to me, I'd be willing to through in some dough. If it'd be easier I could also just handle drinks and snacks like last time. Just lmk what everyone wants to do. Maybe anyone who can throw in some loot let us know here so we can figure out what we can get and then we'll figure out who's getting what.

    As far as where it's being held, I was thinking as somewhat of a compromise, we could hold it at Eisenhower Park in East Meadow. It would solve a few things:
    1. Further west (closer to the bridges ~30 min, vs ~45 to North Babylon)
    2. Far enough east to make it fairly convenient for most anyone but people in the Hamptons/Montauk area.
    3. Plenty of room
    4. BBQ Friendly
    5. Right by the Meadowbrook Parkway (off the LIE) so easy to get to.
    6. Off of Old Country Rd (close to malls for turbocad and plenty of places to eat if the BBQ doesn't work out or it rains).

    No she doesn't lol
    hence the avatar. Now i'm going to take care of the meat, like last time, and Strata you take care of the drinks, and chips. This way i't cool. Someone get buns, ans CHEESE and all that some lettuce maybe, and we're al set. Decide on a locationa, and i'll be there...

    cheers

Similar Threads

  1. A Bodgy Car PC.
    By Bodgy in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:58 PM
  2. VIA and Mini-box Announce First Sub-$300 Car PC Kit
    By Goofus in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 11:28 AM
  3. Ordered my car PC system...
    By Merzbow in forum Newbie
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 10:54 PM
  4. Car pc works when engine off, but not on..
    By drewinstl in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 06:07 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •