Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 76

Thread: Proposed CarPC Meet - Melbourne, Australia - March 18, 2007

  1. #11
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    Your finally gonna come Pcman after all these years :P
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  2. #12
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    71
    I recieved a PM about this meet, however unfortunately i'm nowhere near Melbourne so won't be showing. Thanks anyway guys.

  3. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28
    Thanks for the PM Long.1, but unfortunately I am in Sydney all next weekend, and I fly back in at 4pm.

    Would love to show you my system!

    Keep me in the loop if the plan changes.

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7
    I had a very basic setup in my old car. My new car doesn't have anything CarPC in it, but I am still interested in coming. I think it would a great learning experience, and I wouldn't mind chatting to some people about a few things.

    A friend of mine has a carpc setup, but I don't think he is a member of the forum, can he come if he is interested?

  5. #15
    Constant Bitrate long.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxond24 View Post
    I had a very basic setup in my old car. My new car doesn't have anything CarPC in it, but I am still interested in coming. I think it would a great learning experience, and I wouldn't mind chatting to some people about a few things.

    A friend of mine has a carpc setup, but I don't think he is a member of the forum, can he come if he is interested?
    Fair enough Jaxond24,

    I don't think anyone will mind if you bring a mate - especially if he has a CarPC. See you there.

    Cheers,

    Long.1

  6. #16
    Constant Bitrate long.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    132

    Potential Location Problem

    Looked up the ground/location to see what sports are played there. Basically it looks like Box Hill North Football Club and Elgar Park Cricket Club.

    The bad news is that it looks like the Footy Club has a Working Bee on March 18th. I've called the contact (Anthony) on that web page, left a message and I'm waiting for his return phone call.

    Naturally, I'll update this thread as soon as I know more.

    Cheers,

    Long.1

  7. #17
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    hoppers crossing, victoria, australia
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by NiN^_^NiN View Post
    Your finally gonna come Pcman after all these years :P
    yeah decided i should

    just been playing with my carpc its only temp at the moment well the screen anyway 12.1" touchscreen in a 4x4 is massive overkill so looking for a 7" cheap

    just a p3 700 80 gig hdd 512meg ram bla bla video capture wireless network gps just the essentials
    donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

  8. #18
    Constant Bitrate long.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    132

    Consent from Box Hill North Football Club

    Quote Originally Posted by long.1 View Post
    Potential Location Problem

    Looked up the ground/location to see what sports are played there. Basically it looks like Box Hill North Football Club and Elgar Park Cricket Club.

    The bad news is that it looks like the Footy Club has a Working Bee on March 18th. I've called the contact (Anthony) on that web page, left a message and I'm waiting for his return phone call.

    Naturally, I'll update this thread as soon as I know more.

    Cheers,

    Long.1
    Location is Approved

    Hi All,

    I've just spoken to Anthony (from Box Hill North Footy Club), and he has given his consent for our meet. I advised that at this stage we look like having about 15 cars at most, and he said it would be no problem as their Working Bee is mainly for the inside of their social rooms.

    Looks like it's on for March 18.

    Cheers,

    Long.1

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate M^ck^y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    308
    yes, I'm in

  10. #20
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by pcman View Post
    yeah decided i should

    just been playing with my carpc its only temp at the moment well the screen anyway 12.1" touchscreen in a 4x4 is massive overkill so looking for a 7" cheap

    just a p3 700 80 gig hdd 512meg ram bla bla video capture wireless network gps just the essentials
    Sweet can't wait to see your car

    Quote Originally Posted by long.1 View Post
    Location is Approved

    Hi All,

    I've just spoken to Anthony (from Box Hill North Footy Club), and he has given his consent for our meet. I advised that at this stage we look like having about 15 cars at most, and he said it would be no problem as their Working Bee is mainly for the inside of their social rooms.

    Looks like it's on for March 18.

    Cheers,

    Long.1
    Great job long your getting the hang of this

    Always nice to ask even if you don't have to

    We might need a backup plan (i wouldn't think so) depending where they park their cars for the working bee if they park at the front (not likely back area is closer to the units) then move it to the back or the right side of the front parking lot altho we should be fine im sure
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Melbourne CarPC Meet Mid-November
    By vxcarpc in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 09:07 AM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
  3. Melbourne, Australia Meet Part 2
    By vxcarpc in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 06:42 AM
  4. Melbourne, Australia meet
    By C4M in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 08:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •