Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 156

Thread: Infill G4 - Now Shipping

  1. #81
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by KEMERIS View Post
    5. Does FM receiver suiteable for Europe (we use even numbers like FM102.6, FM102.8 in europe)?
    Yes it works, but there's no RDS as far as I can see.

  2. #82
    Constant Bitrate DAE51D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Marassa View Post
    But there's no RDS as far as I can see.
    Bummer. Is this a hardware limitation or a software limitation?

  3. #83
    Raw Wave god_of_cpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SilverSpring Maryland
    Posts
    2,960
    Quote Originally Posted by DAE51D View Post
    Bummer. Is this a hardware limitation or a software limitation?
    Hardware.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

  4. #84
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    25

    Order delay

    I have yet to receive my order. I ordered it during pre-order. I received an invoice, but still have not received the G4 nor has it been charged to my credit card.

    I just received an email telling me that the bluetooth feature may not be completely compatible. Is this the reason my order has been delayed?

  5. #85
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by minwoo832 View Post
    I have yet to receive my order. I ordered it during pre-order. I received an invoice, but still have not received the G4 nor has it been charged to my credit card.

    I just received an email telling me that the bluetooth feature may not be completely compatible. Is this the reason my order has been delayed?
    Yes, the Bluetooth is a pre-order item. It is no longer an option for the G4. We emailed everyone who ordered while it was an option. Apparently you got the email but didn't respond yet so therefore your order is on hold. Please get a hold of us and tell us what you want us to do with your order.

  6. #86
    Constant Bitrate DAE51D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    199

    Question So, what DOES work on the G4?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zip-Lock View Post
    Yes, the Bluetooth is a pre-order item. It is no longer an option for the G4.
    What does that mean exactly? Are you saying that BT is no longer supported and my Treo 650 phone can't interact with the G4 now?

    I read also the backup camera wire was not "supported currently".

    I've read that the steering wheel control is not "supported currently".

    I've heard issues with the GPS/Nav part flaking out.

    I've seen that (some) external HD are not powered by the USB.

    what else is not supported?

    Or is it a shorter list to tell us whate exactly works and works solid?

  7. #87
    Raw Wave god_of_cpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SilverSpring Maryland
    Posts
    2,960
    Quote Originally Posted by DAE51D View Post
    What does that mean exactly? Are you saying that BT is no longer supported and my Treo 650 phone can't interact with the G4 now?

    I read also the backup camera wire was not "supported currently".

    I've read that the steering wheel control is not "supported currently".

    I've heard issues with the GPS/Nav part flaking out.

    I've seen that (some) external HD are not powered by the USB.

    what else is not supported?

    Or is it a shorter list to tell us whate exactly works and works solid?
    Bluetooth was and is going to be an add-on option. We thought it would be ready to ship with the G4 based on our internal testing with some phones in the lab, but after testing it in the real world, we found some issues remained and we decided to extend our testing until we could be sure of a solid release. It will still be released for the G4 and will allow your phone to work with it when it is. It's just not ready yet and because of that your phone will not work with the G4 until it is.

    The backup camera is fully supported. There are no known issues with it.

    The steering wheel control wire is not currently supported, but you can add an SWI-X to get this functionality.

    There have been some major issues reported with navigation using some usb GPS adapters, but nothing has been officially reported as a navigation bug effecting the G4 yet.

    The G4 powers USB hard drives just as well as every other computer does. If you add a hub and add multiple high power usb devices to that hub (i.e. a hard drive) the devices won't work unless you power it. This is just how USB works. You can complain about it all you want, the only answer we can give remains the same, you have to power your hub if you want high powered devices to work off of it.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

  8. #88
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by god_of_cpu View Post
    Bluetooth was and is going to be an add-on option. We thought it would be ready to ship with the G4 based on our internal testing with some phones in the lab, but after testing it in the real world, we found some issues remained and we decided to extend our testing until we could be sure of a solid release. It will still be released for the G4 and will allow your phone to work with it when it is. It's just not ready yet and because of that your phone will not work with the G4 until it is.
    ~
    There have been some major issues reported with navigation using some usb GPS adapters, but nothing has been officially reported as a navigation bug effecting the G4 yet.
    ~
    Hi,
    Just wondering about bluetooth, do you have an approximate time to release? weeks? months? just so I can plan out my strategy.

    Also as for the nav, if using just the infill G4's nav functions, are there any problems with that? Or just if someone uses an external GPS.
    As an aside for anyone who knows, what's the point of using an external GPS adapter if the G4 has its own?

    Cheers

  9. #89
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by god_of_cpu View Post
    There have been some major issues reported with navigation using some usb GPS adapters, but nothing has been officially reported as a navigation bug effecting the G4 yet.

    I can tell you that using the G4 and it's stock antenna, the GPS module has locked up on me a number of times in the last week. It's happened a couple of times during "Initializing", and sometimes after that. I haven't used it enough to figure out exact steps though.

  10. #90
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1
    How long will the G4 be out of stock?

    thanks....hags

Similar Threads

  1. INFILL G4 - Australian and New Zealand Questions Answered
    By INFILLG4 in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 11:21 PM
  2. Infill G4 StreetDeck install
    By michelk in forum Mp3Car Infill G4 - Double Din Car Computer
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
  3. Infill G4
    By TheMaskedMan in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 07:43 AM
  4. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 06:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •