- http server for controlling NMC from external (FP) but I can't think of any use for it in NMC yet
- file synchronization (FP), but I'd rather have automatic CD ripping/ copy of mp3 cd/usb stick
- day / night skin switching (FP)
I was talking with netsuo and wondering what needs to be added to NMC to make it compete with all other frontends... We couldnt come up with many things that NMC doesnt have that is present in other frontends...
I wanted to have your opinions... This isnt a suggestion thread (there already is one), just a thread comparing features.
I will try to list most features of NMC here, as well as features in other frontends, that way we can make a matrix of most frontends functionalities.
Features available in other Frontends, but not in NMC yet:
- Database for file searching (Available in FP, ME, MC, PyCar, HU)
- Minimize External App (MediaCruiser)
- External Controlling (like http server or other, but I dont think this will be a problem once we have NCS - NeoCar Scripting) (Available in FP)
- File sync (FP)
- Time-of-day based skin switching (Night/day, etc) (FP, ME, ?)
Please post suggestions, I will edit this top post to reflect most changes posted by users...
does it have XM ?
Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram
Not native no, but I dont think it will ever since it is being developed outside the US... Personally I dont live in the US so I dont miss it as a feature....
But once again, future versions will have a plugin structure that will allow additional modules to be easily incorporated.... And also once external app support is even further refined then this will become less of a problem...
yes the external apps module will be improved. The more i can.
NS - neocar suite
I would think about switching if it had xm..
www.i-hacked.com Hardware hacking articles
I dont know about XM possibility being that the developer cant test it since there is no xm outside us.... sorry.... Its not bad intention, just lack of possibility of developing
- media search (fp) in audio, video and picture mode
- fm radio preferably using radiator (fp)
- recursive directory (fp) i.e. playing all the subdirectories. This way I can play all the songs I have and not have to choose each directory (currently using winamp playlist, but I'm lazy to update the playlist)
- database build (fp) is it just me or that sometimes when I load a playlist which contains all 10,000 songs, it strains nmc?
- using *.jpg as album art (mc) not just preview.jpg
- ability to add new song and/or folder to current playlist a la winamp
- ability to sort playlist a la winamp
- then saving that list to a new playlist also like winamp
- embedded tv maybe using dragonbtv's plugin?
Gosh I thinking if this actually come true
Brushed Metal Skin
MIA at the moment
[please email me instead of pm]