BUG FIX BUG FIX -> This is the Neocar External Application Bug Fix!
This is actually very easy to fix! Its not a bug as far as Im concerned, being a programmer myself I recognized something in the XML code, and know something about how running external programs work using API. Every program has a class or parent name. Let’s take a common program such as Acrobat Reader. The executable is AcroRd32.exe and the name of the program is Adobe Acrobat Reader, but when the window comes up it shows “Adobe Reader” XML is very powerful, but very specific. It identifies case and other specifics. If you open this file in notepad: applications_externes.xml you will see some entries, if you have created any external application entries. The part in the section for each program, the application name, the path, the finding text etc. If you open the xml file mentioned, you will see these entries. I use a program to play dvd movies called Power dvd. PowerDVD.exe is the executable, but when it comes up on the screen it shows exactly like this= “PowerDVD Deluxe version” in this exact format with the caps as they are. If my Finding Text or (texte_recherche) in the XML file does not reflect this exact name, then the problem occurs. Because neocar needs to resize the application to fit in the window, it has to run an API call to find the parent window, and if the name is wrong, it cant find it. Not a bug, more like a missing guideline. If your program is still not working, then do a Ctrl+Alt & Del and see what your Task Manager thinks your program name is. Hope this helps everyone.
This really fixes the problem!!!
I was just reading through the other bug on the Neocar sight and I tested to see if I could duplicate this other bug, and I did of course. However when I follow the fix that I have described above, I dont have any problems whatsoever with launching external applications. In fact I can only launch a single application at a time. If I hit the quit button to get back to the selection menu, It closes the external application reliably and at a 100% success. Im wondering why no other people have responded to this. This to me changes Neocar from a beta into a full working program. Everyone please let me know if this is fixing the problem or if Im just crazy! heh heh. Thanks.