Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: ?!?

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate LagunaICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    772

    ?!?

    So with a new Netsuo's initiative:
    Donate
    I have decided to give NMC another try just in case I like it and eventually let it grow by donation...
    About a year ago I did not even manage to install it since installer complained about missing dll file of unknown origin (supposedly to be fixed by now...). Well, not much has changed since that time....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate netsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    557
    your the first to report this error.

    What's the OS you're using ? I think this is the problem.
    NS - neocar suite
    -----------------
    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

  3. #3
    Raw Wave RoyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    3,534
    Hello LagunaICE...

    What do donations have to do with installing the software??? This isnt paid software where you have to remember the author that you actually paid for something... No use linking a donate thread to emphasize you have a problem.... You are helped here by the author first-hand and other users...

    as for your problem, you state absolutely no details so it is near impossible to help you... Is your aim to find a solution or merely state that donations are accepted and you arent even able to install the software?

    Anyways, I have managed to run NMC on about 7 computers... (Some at school, my laptop, carpc, other carpc, home computer, home htpc, etc), so I can tell you it works fine with Windows XP (SP1, SP2, MCE, Tablet Edition) as a general rule... however unless you give details about your system and other clues it wont be possible to help you out bud

    As for giving it another try, I think you should... NMC has (imho) the best filebrowsing architecture of all frontends (playlist+open browsing of all directories) something that no other frontend has... it also has scripting which is unique and other features even...

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate LagunaICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN
    Hello LagunaICE...

    What do donations have to do with installing the software???
    Nothing. Did I say it should? I said I found that message I reffer to so I decided to try it again and in case I realize its mature enough and I like it I might send some money to author. Anything unclear yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN
    This isnt paid software where you have to remember the author that you actually paid for something... No use linking a donate thread to emphasize you have a problem.... You are helped here by the author first-hand and other users...
    ????
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN
    as for your problem, you state absolutely no details so it is near impossible to help you... Is your aim to find a solution or merely state that donations are accepted and you arent even able to install the software?
    Yeah... maybe I was about to say that NMC is not mature enough afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN
    Anyways, I have managed to run NMC on about 7 computers... (Some at school, my laptop, carpc, other carpc, home computer, home htpc, etc), so I can tell you it works fine with Windows XP (SP1, SP2, MCE, Tablet Edition) as a general rule... however unless you give details about your system and other clues it wont be possible to help you out bud
    Glad to hear it. Of course the problem can be very isolated to my desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN
    As for giving it another try, I think you should... NMC has (imho) the best filebrowsing architecture of all frontends (playlist+open browsing of all directories) something that no other frontend has... it also has scripting which is unique and other features even...
    I think I will, but probably again in next few month...

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate LagunaICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by netsuo
    your the first to report this error.

    What's the OS you're using ? I think this is the problem.
    Hi,
    sure its probably the OS of my desktop - W2K w. SP4 + the usual goodies - DX9.0b + WMP9

  6. #6
    Raw Wave RoyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    3,534
    Why dont you just tell us your system specs and any other particularities so we can try to help you get running right now??? Chances are if you have a problem and it doesnt ge fixed now it still might not be fixed when you try again...

    NMC 0.7 Final will be coming out in the next few weeks if I understand and will packa huge punch, so now is as good a time as ever to get this problem ironed out!

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate netsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    557
    I dont know at all if NMC is working under win2k. I have'nt tested any time on win2000.
    NS - neocar suite
    -----------------
    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

  8. #8
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    I have NMC in my win2k pc and it works fine

    i have xp onmy carpc but i use nmc on my home pc which is w2k so it works.

    the problem is his pc im guessing he is either missing something or something wasn't installed properly and a file or registry is bad/missing
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Belgium - Oostmalle
    Posts
    240
    Playing with W2K SP4 on my desk, XP Home SP1 and SP2 already tested on my laptop. No problems at all concerning unregistered dll's ...
    To solve the problem, you could install NMC without antivirus/firewall/etc enabled ? Maybe on a fresh install, so you can take out a lot of potential problems ...
    Car : Hyundai Tucson
    Carpc :
    Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
    PSU : M2-ATX
    Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
    Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
    RR with DigitalFX skin
    In car : 80% done

  10. #10
    Maximum Bitrate netsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    557
    The file in his error is installed by NMC and not available on a standart windows install, so i really don't know why the file is'nt installing properly...
    NS - neocar suite
    -----------------
    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •