Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 125

Thread: Crash Logs and Bug Reports (and any other program tomfoolery)

  1. #31
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    I went looking for the prefs because that's what I thought it might be, but didn't find them. What are they called?

    It happened after running the newest release. Before that, it worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  2. #32
    Variable Bitrate NeonDev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    431
    ~/library/prefrences/com.Project-X.NeonBoombox.plist

    I don't remember changing a whole lot of the music module loader code...
    if it is still fed up after deleting see if you can get 8A to work again. if you can't get 8A to work again maybe it has something to do with a recently added song.

    if deleting the prefs doesn't work could you send me your itunes XML? i don't know what else it could be. since the only files NBB uses are the itunes XML, its preferences, and the iapps preferences.

    you may also try deleting the itunes XML to see if NBB will at least load correctly. if it does then i will need to figure out more of the itunes XML oddities.
    check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

  3. #33
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    Deleting the prefs did the trick - thanks! I couldn't find them even though I searched for NeonBoombox.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  4. #34
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    How do you bring this keyboard up in version 8b? I've hit space and clicked on the search icon but neither one brings it up.

    Also, I can tab around in the music selection screen but can only select the first item in the filters at the bottom. The home icon, the first filter and the settings icon get highlighted but not the other 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  5. #35
    Variable Bitrate NeonDev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    431
    you don't. read the change log to see what is changed. 8B is over a week old but for some reason was never posted until yesterday. our bad.

    the keyboard is in release 9 as well as a fix for that filter issue among others. it should be released tomorrow night if all goes well

    I assume when you say you can't get to the other filters you have "tabbed" to the first one and then hit "up" or "down" to try and go to the next/previous one but it doesn't correct? by that i mean "tab" will cycle through the table the filter 'tray' the options button and the home button. press up/down when anything that is not 'scrollable' is focused and focus will also jump to the filter tray. there is a decent guide on key bindings in the guide thread if you haven't read it.

    F.Y.I - I know you use a rotary controller, but I don't know if you have a touch screen. the keyboard in release 9 doesn't support a rotary controller mostly because right now the keyboard can only be used for quick search. nothing fancy. scrolling with a rotary controller is prolly just as quick
    check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

  6. #36
    Constant Bitrate golfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    180
    I have not been able to get music videos from the iTunes store (protected music videos) to play in NBB. Is that a known problem?
    Any day is a good day for golf.

    Mazdaspeed6 Carputer Progress: Gone
    (Check Speedy's Install)

    Speedy was traded for a 2004 350z - Install complete except for permanent screen installation.

  7. #37
    Variable Bitrate NeonDev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    431
    no I don't own any. I am assuming you have authorized that computer and that they will play fine if you open them in the quick time application? NBB should be able to play anything that QT can. if protected music works i see no reason why videos would not also work
    check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

  8. #38
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonDev View Post
    you don't. read the change log to see what is changed. 8B is over a week old but for some reason was never posted until yesterday. our bad.

    the keyboard is in release 9 as well as a fix for that filter issue among others. it should be released tomorrow night if all goes well

    I assume when you say you can't get to the other filters you have "tabbed" to the first one and then hit "up" or "down" to try and go to the next/previous one but it doesn't correct? by that i mean "tab" will cycle through the table the filter 'tray' the options button and the home button. press up/down when anything that is not 'scrollable' is focused and focus will also jump to the filter tray. there is a decent guide on key bindings in the guide thread if you haven't read it.

    F.Y.I - I know you use a rotary controller, but I don't know if you have a touch screen. the keyboard in release 9 doesn't support a rotary controller mostly because right now the keyboard can only be used for quick search. nothing fancy. scrolling with a rotary controller is prolly just as quick
    Sigh. My bad. Forgot the keyboard wasn't in 8b. Sorry about that.

    I think I'm using the tab key right. It jumps to the first item in the filter tray but won't tab to the next filter item. I don't hit up or down. Just tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  9. #39
    Constant Bitrate golfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    180
    Yes, machine is authorized and iTunes and QT plays the videos properly, NBB just gives a grey screen. NBB plays my purchased music fine.
    Any day is a good day for golf.

    Mazdaspeed6 Carputer Progress: Gone
    (Check Speedy's Install)

    Speedy was traded for a 2004 350z - Install complete except for permanent screen installation.

  10. #40
    Variable Bitrate NeonDev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    431
    @golfguy - ill look into it. I assume if music videos don't work then TV shows and movies are the same.

    @bugbyte - No worries I can see where you would get confused.
    As for the key bindings tab won't cycle through the filters I bound up/down to that so you can go back/forward since tab is only one way. If you tab until the first filter is focused you can use up/down to focus the previous/next filter. pushing up/down anytime a control that is not 'scrollable' (a slider or the table for instance) is in focus and you hit up or down focus will jump to the filters so you don't have to hit tab 3 or 4 times just to jet to the main controls. same goes for the now playing screen.

    Make sense? I hope once you see what I am saying you like it. I tried to make it as convenient to rotary controller users as others
    check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •