1st carputer: 2006 Audi A3
So I bought an Audi A3 2 weeks ago (my 1st car) and decided to install a car pc. I am a student so my budget was low but I still wanted a good system. I have learned alot from mp3car and decided to buy the following components for my carputer:
- 1.8Ghz Atom mini-ITX mobo - $107
- Aux addon to the current HU - $60
- 7" samsung touch lcd transflective + board - $166
- M2-ATX power supply - $50
- 4Gb DRR3 RAM - $37
- Holux GPSlim236 - had one lying around
- GPSlim usb data cable - $13
- usb wifi dongle - $6
- usb bluetooth dongle - $2
- usb slim/laptop dvd adaptor with case - $8.50
The prices might seem expensive but it includes shipping to South Africa. All items were bought from ebay.
I plan on installing the lcd where the ashtray is and the computer in the glove compartment. It seems like a tight squeeze. Any advice on this? I cannot install it under the seat as the space is minimal and the boot is a definite no.
What do you think? Is there anything I'm missing?