Finally going to actually do a CarPC build :)
Ok, now that I have some idea's about where I'm going with my build I've decided to edit my first post to sort of make a list and gather thoughts and eventually come to a complete shopping list. I will list 2 different sections which will be Audio and CarPC.
1) Samsung Transflective (not really) Capacitive Multi-Touch 7" HDMI LCD with double din bracket.
2) qty 2 Mini Touch 700 LCD's with headrest shroud - http://owyxb.qqeka.servertrust.com/M...mcs-mt-700.htm
On the Audio side here is what I'm planning currently on the shopping list.
Right now I'm torn between 2 amps they are as follows.
1) Zuki Hybrid 5ch amp. This has 4 channels of Class A/B and a Class D sub channel.
2) Alpine SPX-17PRO for the front speakers. -Purchased http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/spx-17pro
3) Alpine SPX-13PRO for the rear speakers.
4) DIY TwistedPearAudio Opus DAC. I have 2 of these and I have to figure out if I can use them the way I'd want to as 4 separate channels? They would likely need to be USB I'd imagine although by default the accept SPDIF and I2s. I could possible be tempted to just go with a Buffalo III DAC as it can do up to 8 channels although I'm not sure if it can do 8 over USB? http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/digital/buffalo.aspx
5) Alpine SWR-1223D 12" Subwoofer - http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/swr-1223d (this could change but I'm liking the idea right now and you can get them for pretty cheap)
On the CarPC side of things this is what I'm currently planning.
1) Asus MA78LT-M LE motherboard (Purchased)
2) Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 1600 8GB 2 channel kit (Purchased)
3) AMD Athlon II X4 610e Propus 2.4GHz Socket AM3 45W Quad-Core - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103899
4) HIS H667F1GD Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 Eyefinity - Can do 3 displays off one card - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161375
5) M4-ATX 250W PSU (300w max) - http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...R-031&CartID=1
6) OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-90G 2.5" 90GB SATA III - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227759
7) Rooftop GPS/Cellular/PCS/WiFi antenna GPS 2400 Antenna - http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...M-008&CartID=3
8) MicroUSB Bluetooth Dongle - http://store.mp3car.com/Micro_USB_Bl..._p/com-152.htm
9) Parking Distance Control Kit - http://www.carpc.si/shop/hardware/usb-pdc-full-kit-rear
10) CMOS Infrared, Night Vision, Waterproof, High Resolution Backup Camera, works with 1" Mounting Hole - http://store.mp3car.com/CMOS_Infrare..._p/com-105.htm (this could change)
11) RXM-SG GPS Module w/Ext Antenna - http://www.parallax.com/Store/Sensor...3/Default.aspx
12) Rosewill 802.11 b/g/n USB 2.0 adapter - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833166068
Security System -
Right now I'm still sort of figuring this out. There are 3 different models I'm considering currently.
1) Viper 5902 OLED 2 way paging system - http://www.viper.com/P-5902V/Viper-5...e-Start-System
RF-P2W901-SS 2 way paging PRO system - http://www.compustar.com/products/pro/RF-P2W901-SS.html
3) Autopage C3-RS1100 OLED 2 way paging system - http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside....e-bdf24fa9e140
I like Viper because I've been using them a while, but a lot of people say these other brands are a lot better? The Compustar I like because they have some nice key-code pads you can use through glass and what not. I love the Autopage remotes and what not and have also heard good things about them. So I'm not sure which route I want to go. The main thing I want out of any of these is remote start because it's cold and I have to put my kids in the car when it's freezing. I like to wake up and start it so it's toasty when I get out there.
Power and Wiring accessories
1) StreetWires BC4PF Battery terminal - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_211BC4P...F.html?tp=2681
2) StreetWires 4AWG power wire - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_211UFX4...e.html?tp=2472
3) StreetWires 4AWG ground wire - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_211UFX4...r.html?tp=2472
4) Whatever generic wire I have around for the remote turn on wires.
5) StreetWires ZeroNoise 9 Series 4-channel Patch Cables - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_211ZN94...t.html?tp=1694 (brand and length can change depending on installation location of CarPC and so on)
Sound deadening and isolation
1) 1lb/sq ft Mass loaded vinyl - http://www.ebay.com/itm/MLV-ACOUSTIC...#ht_764wt_1139
2) Vibration isolation butyl material that I already have a big roll of.
There are quite a few things in there that could change, especially on the audio side. I may decide I want to go active 3 way speakers up front and remove my passive crossovers and throw in a smallish mid to go with my drivers I have now (I love the SPX tweeter :) and the midbass isn't bad either!). In the case I'd use the 6 channel for the fronts and grab some sort of mono amp for the sub or something of the sorts. I probably should add a couple more sections, one being screens, the other being power. But I continue to appreciate constructive criticism as well as guidance. This is not a completed list at all, the PC side may get many more things added to it. But it's a start for now.