Looking for a truly simple Mp3 carputer project
I have a great head unit with an auxiliary input, I'm looking for a very focused Mp3 player source project based around a DIN form factor, to go in the lower half of my double-din opening.
I'd like to figure out a way to set up the following:
- Single-chassis DIN mount carputer
- Mp3 playback is the only format requirement
- DIN faceplate display (simple text) with simple button or knob navigation
- RCA or mini-jack LINE OUT to head unit
- Auto boot/shutdown with ignition
A removable HD would be nice but not 100% necessary
USB storage media interface would be nice but not 100% necessary
DC-DC power supply would be nice but not 100% necessary
Does anyone know of a project or existing product that would meet these requirements?