hey all - i'm new to projects like this and shall start my first one very soon,
as i am in the UK, my parts will be mainly bought from a UK store, so i am just wondering on your views and opinions on the parts i shall buy:
VoomPC-2 Barebones LV677 (CoreDuo) £350.10
CID700M In Dash TFT Screen 7" with Amplifier £325.01
CTFGPS-2 USB GPS Receiver £38.00
Wide Angle Reverse Camera Composite £42.99
Crucial PC5300 DDR2 1024Mb £29.00
Laptop CD Interface £9.49
LiteOn SLW-8515 Slimline DVD-RW £44.00
Seagate Momentus 5400.3 160GB SATA 2.5" Hard Disk £82.00
Intel Core Duo T2300 1.66Ghz £138.70
Trust Bluetooth2.0 Adapter BT-2100p £11.00
Buffalo Wireless LAN USB with Suction Kit £26.00
CentraFuse XLE Frontend Software $275 (approx 136.34 (as of 12/08/07))
Customisable USB Volume Knob £30.00
Wireless Keyboard £32.00
Total w/ optional extras: £1294.63
Total w/o optional extras: £1232.63
The aim of the project is to have an up and running InCarPC.
The objectives to this project will be the following:
1. Working GPS including maps and POIs.
2. Working Bluetooth and integration with a windows based phone.
3. Working media center - Must integrate and play all music in current main server library.
4. Working Wireless. The ICPC must be able to sync to main computer/file server every time it comes back to base to transfer various files (stage one will be music. stage two will be gps maps. stage 3 will be movies).
5. Working FM reciever.
6. Working Remote access including remote switch on/off (http://www.justcooler.com.tw/eng/pro...&cid=19&pid=53)
7. Working Internet + Email recieving/sending when in range of suitable wireless transiever
8. Working Rear View Infrared Camera to act as rearview mirror.
9. Working DVD playback when disk is inserted.
10. Working Automatic file Sync (see point 4)
Project Objective Summaries:
1. Music + GPS
2. Wireless Internet, Email checking and weather checking
also does anyone have any ideas where i can get this item imported?