I have a couple of questions:
I have read the entire posts (for screen power) and a couple of others I understand there are numerious ways of connecting the screen to power.
1. As I assume it is best using the OPUS power supply (the only drawback is that the PC is required to be turned on / running? < also not sure what I understand from the posts)?
I have the following power regulator:
Car PC 140W DC-DC Automotive Regulator
The CNX-P1900 is a 140 watt intelligent DC-DC power regulator designed to provide safe, reliable power to today's newest CarPCs......including the Mac Mini and Pentium P4-based systems!
- 140 Watt Dual Output Regulator
- Jumper selectable main output of +18/+19/+20V
- Jumper selectable secondary output of +12V/+13.5V or +5V
- Survives Engine Cranking under full load over entire temperature range
- Includes sophisticated Startup/Shutdown Controller
- Includes sturdy aluminum chassis with variable speed fan suitable for car environment Field upgradable flash microprocessor
- Low battery monitor prevents drained battery, even during Standby/Sleep
- "Anti Thump" delayed remote control for audio amplifiers
- Remote "Pulse Start" from wireless device or car alarm/remote start system
- Over current protection on both outputs with graceful forced shutdown of main output
- Powers both your CarPC/Mac AND your screen or USB devices
- Compatible with Mac mini including startup/shutdown and sleep mode
- Compatible with Pentium P4-based systems such as Travla C158-120, Sumicom S630, or Xenarc SC8
- Full, safe support for Windows Standby mode including auto shutdown if PC fails to shutdown
- Over voltage surge suppression on battery input for protection of harsh automotive environment
- User replaceable fuse on battery input to protect your car from internal short circuits
and I have the Lilliput 629GL-70NP:
Attached a picture of the power regulator:
The output side has a couple of extra cables which are not currently used:
I want to know if I connect this to the regulator and I want to use the filter cable (cigarette adapter) that came with the screen (chopping off the "egg" / adapter side, but keep the screen connector). To which wires from the output do I connect the screen?
I assume the black and red? But I am not sure if this is +12V and black = ground?
I have not yet connected the system to the battery so I cannot yet test the output voltage from the cables with a multimeter.
But then again using the auto-power function keys I also want to know if it would not be better to connect the screen power to the cigarette adapter line (which is also +12V unregulated, but then leaving the filter box on). This will and should kill all power to the screen as with my key turning the power is totally lost and turned on again on once the key is turned to ACC?
2. Please let me know which option is better?
3. Then again I need to supply the power line with a fuse 5A (I have read 2A should be enough)?
4. Do I need a fan to keep the LCD cool (sucking the air away from the LCD)?
5. As indicated above the regulator has got a amp / circuit protection is this still necessary for me to put in a 15A fuse on the power line of the regulator (as I have been shown with a diagram previously):
I am a newbie to this... please be patient with me thanks!