Sup, Y'all. I wanted to say hello. (The forum said "Hello ontario1984, Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Newbe forum. Why not start with your first post today and become an active part of MP3Car.com now!")
One week ago today, I first read of placing a CarPC or carputer into one's vehicle. I have since began preparations to make it happen. I currently drive a 2003 Nissan Altima that had the Bose head unit in it, but now contains the pioneer 4000UB. The sound is also upgraded with a 400 watt amp and two twelve inch bandpass subs by Jensen. Currently, a remote start (the Viper 571XP, which I hate) is the only other modification made to the car. (I also moved the letters in Altima on the back of the trunk from the lower left to top center, and I took off the Nissan emblem.) My proposed PC will be composed of the following elements:
1. HP E-42: 1.7 ghz P4 processor, 20gb hdd, 512 memory, DVD/CD Combo (about 100 watts, is should be fine/fun)
2. HAMI H84A Monitor: 8.5", Touchscreen with built in TV
3. Backup Camera
4. TV antenna
5. Holux GR-213 GPS Receiver
6. AC power Adapter: For home use
7. DC power Adapter: For mobile use
8. NetGear Wireless USB Adapter: For wireless internet access.
9. FM Transmitter: To send audio signal to FM Radio.
10. Dynex 7 port USB hub
11. PC Keyboard and wireless mouse
12. Assorted cables and wires
1. Windows XP Professional
2. Microsoft Streets and Maps 2006
3. Office 2007
4. Netgear and Holux disks
My stream of thought right now is "Oh, this is too easy Monitor in my dash, (this will be the toughest part. I''ll have to get someone else to cut the center bezel to fit it in there.) computer in the glove box, (drill a one inch hole for wires and such) Power the system (I got two cigarette lighters, one for the monitor, one for the PC) and I'm good to go."
Absolutely any input would be greatly appreciated. (a couple of "good plan"s, "excellent plan"s, pats on the back, "terrible plan"s I want to hear it all!) Wish me luck! I am 45 minutes outside of Austin, and local help will be appreciated as well.
One other thing, does anyone use strokeit, or powerpro to control his or her PC?