Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Voice Recognition Software

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    218

    Voice Recognition Software

    So i've checked the forums and I haven't been able to find a lot on this topic, so here it goes.

    I've bought my PC and have started working on it. One thing I want to add onto it, software wise other than GPS is voice recognition. Mac comes with built in feature that does that, but is there a cheap fix for PC to achieve this?
    Planned ... 95%
    Purchased 25%
    Installed ... 0%

    WorkLog

  2. #2
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  3. #3
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickwell24 View Post
    So i've checked the forums and I haven't been able to find a lot on this topic, so here it goes.

    I've bought my PC and have started working on it. One thing I want to add onto it, software wise other than GPS is voice recognition. Mac comes with built in feature that does that, but is there a cheap fix for PC to achieve this?
    A bit more info on your setup would be nice... like your Front End..... I use CF and it has the ability to use voice recognition. All you have to do is install Microsofts Speech engine (which is free) and CF uses that.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15
    I too am having a few problems wivoice settings in cf 1.2.

    I presume it is microsoft speech 5.1 I need to install, and I presume I just put it in default folder???

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    218
    I haven't decided on a frontend, Currently i've got both CF and RR which is running Digital FX3
    Planned ... 95%
    Purchased 25%
    Installed ... 0%

    WorkLog

  6. #6
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcfto View Post
    I too am having a few problems wivoice settings in cf 1.2.

    I presume it is microsoft speech 5.1 I need to install, and I presume I just put it in default folder???
    Yes it is Microsoft Speech 5.1 you need to install. If your installing voice packs, it automatically puts them were is is supposed to go. Just install Microsoft Speech as is.... let it install were it is supposed to install.....

    UM, why CF 1.2? The current version is 2.0.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15
    Tried 2.0 and it keeps hanging at different screens

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5
    IBM voice System is very good,I have tried it before,after it learns from you,It will do anything you tell on the PC.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by zsb2003 View Post
    IBM voice System is very good,I have tried it before,after it learns from you,It will do anything you tell on the PC.


    where can find to download the IBM voice system???

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by kostas_lion View Post
    where can find to download the IBM voice system???
    Well,I have downloaded "IBM.ViaVoice.Pro" with chinese edition,which is more than 250MB,.
    You can search in google using keywords"IBM.ViaVoice.Pro".There are lots of results matched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Voice recognition broken on 1.0.8.1
    By spaceskater in forum StreetDeck Bug Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 03:25 PM
  2. GPS software for CarPuter Voice + 3D
    By SupaMonkey in forum GPS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 02:02 AM
  3. Voice Recognition + Database Access Over modem??
    By az1324 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 07:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •