Hey all, I have been into vehicle modding for quite some time now. but I have not been into the whole world of computer building. I believe that I am capable of building a "truckputer" for my 2008 F150. I have looked into the options for double DIN headunits for my truck and its pretty much a sacrifice one thing for another situation. I believe that a "truckputer" would be the best solution for me. With that being said. I absolutely love Garmin navigation. I would like to run a garmin GPS system in my truckputer. I have been looking through the forum all day long and have seen people use anything from Mac Mini's and various VGA screens to self made systems running windows.. the requirements for my system would be as follows.
1. Ease of use while driving
2. able to play AM/FM
3. able to play all kinds of media sources. (CD's, Flash drive, DVD's etc...)
4. prefibly run Garmin based navigation.
5. power my sound system and future upgrades extremely well.
6. be able to run external switches to run various things like lighting, "door poppers" for my tailgate, etc....
7. be able to be expandable to satisfy my gadget cravings.
what do you guys think? mac mini?? or my build my own system and run Windows?
I have seen videos on Youtube with people running Mac Mini's with the AMP frontend and that Frontend is very appealing to me.
Thanks in advance.